Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animations flicker to previous state for one frame in play mode using Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by hntb_adam, May 1, 2024.

1. hntb_adam

hntb_adam

This doesn't happen for every animation, but for certain animations you'll see a flicker of a frame right when the animation starts. For example, if you have an arrow animating a path from one point to another, when the arrow animation plays it will show the end state of the full path for 1 frame, then the animation will "take over" and the arrow will reset to the initial position and play through the animation normally.

This tends to happen more when playing through a segment multiple times, but I believe it can also happen when playing for the first time and, as I mention in the title, it only happens when in play mode. I've tried everything -- making sure all objects and renderers are disabled at the first frame of the animation but even still the flashing happens.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug with Timeline?