Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Animation on UI only playing every second time cursor passes over it

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Dude959, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Dude959

Dude959

Hey all. I'm trying to create an animation on a UI main menu where an symbol for a faction becomes bigger when you select it, and a box slides out from the side of the screen displaying stats for the faction. Then, of course, it returns to normal when you remove the cursor from the symbol. I have it set up and it works. The problem is, it only animates every second time the cursor passes over it.

To add insult to injury and make the situation more confusing. On every second pass, when I remove the cursor from the symbol the stats bar slides out. I just don't get it. I don't have the slide in animation being called on exit. Why does that happen?

To clarify: Everything works the way it is suppose to the first time, and every odd time afterwards. So it does what it's suppose to do it just doesn't work every second (even) time.

I don't know what's the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: It now plays normally the first time, but ignores whenever I pass over it the second time. Then, when I remove the cursor it animates as It was suppose to when I put my cursor over it. It alternates between big and small every time my cursor exits but does nothing when it enters.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022