Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Animating hip seems to disable IK

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by Alex_May, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Alex_May

Alex_May

Hi!

I'm trying to author animations in the editor using the Animtion Rigging package and using IK to position extremities.

However, if I want to move the hip joint (let's say for a jumping up and down animation), it seems to disable the IK constraints. Is that intended?

The hip joint (A) in my hierarchy is the child of the object on which the rig builder component is placed (C), and a sibling of the object on which the Rig component is placed (B):
    upload_2020-9-5_14-59-35.png upload_2020-9-5_15-0-31.png upload_2020-9-5_15-0-58.png upload_2020-9-5_15-1-9.png

(ignore the referencepose and linktoclay scripts please)

Thanks!

2. Alex_May

Alex_May

Ah, please disregard for now, I think this is a problem with Clayxels, and not the AR package...

3. Alex_May

Alex_May

Yes, ignore this please. For those coming later to animate clayxels, you need to check "animate (forceUpdate)" in your Clay Container script.