Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android] Splash Screen Logos Don't Load Because of Lag

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by sdomenici009, Sep 20, 2016.

1. sdomenici009

sdomenici009

The background image will load but the logos do not fade in and out. This is due to a lag of ~66 ms at the start of my project. I've tried to reduce it but a huge portion of it is due to a large canvas requiring a huge "Canvas.SendWillRenderCanvases()" call on start. However even when I delete my canvases and only have a lag of ~14ms the logos do not function properly. They do fade in and out but at a much quicker pace than I'd like. (I have it set for 3 seconds and the animation happens in about half a second.)

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Have you tried loading an empty project first instead of the one with the large canvas?
    What platform is this running on?

3. sdomenici009

sdomenici009

This is for Android. An empty project works fine. The logo fades in and out in the correct amount of time. I'm fairly certain that it comes down to lag because the more I butcher my project the more of the logo animation I can see. But with a large amount of lag on start it doesn't even fade in. It just shows the background image for the correct amount of time and then moves on.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Does this happen in the splash screen before 5.5? Can you file a bug please with an example project?
    Thanks

5. goat

goat

I have already filed a report for this bug. It's tested with Intel Atom based KitKat and ARM base KitKat. It doesn't happen on UWP (Windows 10 Store).

Also, I get a Unity crash when compiling to WebGL. I am filing that bug now.

Also, it seems I need to download a new 64-bit Android NDK for the IL2CPP Android compile to work. The 32-bit based NDK from earlier is no longer working. I am waiting to upload the WebGL bug report though before I can test this.

The Case Numbers are 832239 and 834065.

So I downloaded the NDK again & still Unity 5.5.0 Beta # fails to compile Android target using IL2CP. It was working on Unity 5.4.0 Release and the last few betas of that cycle.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016