Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Ads in VR

Discussion in 'VR' started by DrMethod, Apr 14, 2022.

1. DrMethod

DrMethod

Hi,

I have made a little android-VR (cardbox) game and i think about how to monetize it? I would not like to have a simple rewardedVideo where you leave the VR-mode and you need to click the "x" to close the ad.. so what other options do I have?

2. arfish

arfish

Hello,

Yeah that's kind of a problem. Youtube has something for showing interstitial ads between the videos in vr. Some kind of floating banner, always rendering on top, and in front of the vr camera, maybe also is whats needed. Don't know of any advertisers offering that. And they usually preferred to let there own sdk:s take full control of the ads to guarantee they are shown as intended, and not hidden behind other stuff, and so on. So it's probably not something you can put together by yourself either. Unless you have direct contact and assignments directly from the advertisers.