Search Unity

About Unity Headless license!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by willianjohns, Jan 5, 2020.

1. willianjohns

willianjohns

There is very little information on this question on the internet, as this answer has no additional information and an empty answer https://forum.unity.com/threads/free-license-no-graphics.260316/#post-1722063

Can I create a separate application with free license to use on my server as Unity headless? Is there a problem with me creating a separate game using free license to use on my server?

Would it be more convenient for a separate game as a server, or would I create server scripts in my own game, excluding the idea of creating a separate game to act as a server?

2. willianjohns

willianjohns

Can someone help me?

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

That thread looks like it was from the Unity 4.x days when the free license limited many features. The current free tier (Unity Personal) limits very little functionality. The main things you will notice is you can't disable the Unity splash screen in your builds, and you can't enable the editor's dark theme. Otherwise everything is there. You should have no problem creating a headless build for use as a server with Unity Personal assuming your revenue is within that license's limits.

But I'd suggest just quickly creating a headless build and verifying it works.

willianjohns likes this.