Search Unity

a simple cuestion about multiplayer local server [android]

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by cornebg21, Oct 3, 2015.

1. cornebg21

cornebg21

hi, im new on unity, around 2 week, and also i want now to create a simple multiplayer game, so i have also look to make it via bluetooth but i don´t found any usefull tutorial o assets(all for bluetooth games needs to be buy, im student and i cant pay it) o i decide to do it using the wifi,

so to be short, will the server work if my phone is using a hotspot and all players conect to my phone wifi?

becouse we(some classmates) are going go an a place were we cant conect to a modem,

Cheers, and also sorry for my low english, i hope you can understand and help me :)

2. Lusecapi

Lusecapi

Yes but not haha, I'm looking for a solution of that, my game works perfectly when everyone is connected on a router, or on a device's hotspot that isn't using to playing (just using for hotspot), then when i use the device' that has hotspot turn on as a server of the game it doesn't work, other can't play. but if i use that device (with hotspot) as a client, it means other guy connected to the hotspot start the game as a server, it works, but lagged. I am looking for a solution to this problem if you find it, pleas let me know it. :D

3. UbiquitousStudio

UbiquitousStudio

The reason you can't connect to a modem is because the ports are not open. You would need to open your routers ports for any external connection to a network. So if your hosting on any router, you can open it to use for multiplayer but don't use your computer then. When it comes to trying to connect to your phones wifi, I don't know exactly but I have heard it is possible. Heck I have heard of people running Ubuntu on android and hosting a entire web server on their phone. So I really wouldn't doubt it.