Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

A grapple hook made by line renderer that has two different textures

Discussion in '2D' started by ELKeshawy, Dec 8, 2022.

1. ELKeshawy

ELKeshawy

So im basically doing a grappling hook using distance joint and a line renderer but i dont want it to be simply a line, i want to make it a hook/dagger that extends till it hits the enemy

so i have this sprite of a dagger that i want only the middle part to be tiled as it stretches upload_2022-12-8_13-37-1.png
    same way it happens when you use it in a sprite shape like this
    upload_2022-12-8_13-38-21.png
    any tips or ways to make this happen ?

2. karliss_coldwild

karliss_coldwild

What exactly do you need help with?

It sounds like you have half of the work already done.

Are you asking how to make the line renderer look like the sprite shape? Why don't you use sprite shape (which you have already working) instead of line renderer?

Are you asking how to implement the distance joint part? Are you asking how to implement the shooting part?

3. ELKeshawy

ELKeshawy

I cant control the sprite shape’s starting and ending point like line renderer i have everything implemented except i want the line to look like the bottom photo with the line texture tiling the middle part only

4. karliss_coldwild

karliss_coldwild

5. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

You can use HingeJoint2D to connect the segments and a single DistanceJoint2D (using Max Distance Only) to connect the ends to stop stretching as demonstrated here: