Search Unity

Official 3D Game Kit Official Thread

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, May 9, 2018.

1. roselinesesay

roselinesesay

Help please, Ellen jumps and rotates with WASD but doesn't walk. What's wrong?

2. digodh

digodh

You can refer to LunaDad's Fix Above ..

WASD FIX. You need to go Assets, 3DGamekit, Prefabs, Characters, Ellen. Then Inspector (top right in default view), Animator, click Ellen, Hierachy View (top Left). Then LocomotionBlendTree, then click on missing motion boxes (right icon) and add ellen walk forward etc from the hierarchy box on the right side. Click on blend tree and set up missing motion reference on inspector: - "Ellen_WalkForward" - "Ellen_RunForward" - "Ellen_RunForward" leave every other setting as they were.

3. Lucifer656

Lucifer656

Playing this with a controller is fun, except...
    ...the start and menu screens don't seem to recognise controller input. This is also true of the 2D Game Kit :-(
    How to fix the menu screens, so they can react to controller input?

Edit: Also noted that the X and Y are not inverted on the right joysticks, with no options to do this either, which would have been nice. Any ideas?

P.S. Am asking here as it is 'meant' to be a "no coding" kit. I will try to fix this myself, but thought it best to ask here, in case this needed to be added officially.

4. NerdAlex

NerdAlex

Hi, I'm using this project in conjunction with the tutorials on Unity Learn, and I just downloaded the game. But when I go in to try and test, the character movements won't work. Ellen will turn, jump, and attack, but she won't move, and I don't know why. I didn't change anything, just created a new scene like it said in the tutorial.

kent01882 likes this.
  5. NerdAlex

NerdAlex

Never mind, referred to digodh's instructions above and they worked.

6. Mafutta

Mafutta

Hi the two demo levels works fine. I made my own level. What method should I used to add it to the Menu for the player to choose it (already added it to the build settings) I know you can to a portal/teleport to another level, but I want it on the menu as a level to choose start or at least make it the first level.

7. ChristianGamesOnline

ChristianGamesOnline

I have installed yesterday the 3D Game Kit on Unity 2020.1 and want to know, where to adjust camera-mouse behavior, I mean, camera rotation speed. At the moment it is way too quick.
    I looked everywhere (maybe not).

8. Jebaxtian

Jebaxtian

Hi, I am in unity 2019.4.6f1 and once the kit is imported it throws me out this error

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.0-preview.14\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_DefaultControls.cs(191,22): error CS1061: 'RectMask2D' does not contain a definition for 'padding' and no accessible extension method 'padding' accepting a first argument of type 'RectMask2D' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have tried deleting the file but then more errors pop up. I have looked everywhere for a fix but I can't seem to find anything.
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

9. Appzoola

Appzoola

Hi
    I am new to Unity. I just downloaded the gamekit and installed it, however I get the following errors :

Assets/3DGamekit/Packages/NavMeshComponents/Editor/NavMeshAssetManager.cs(44,73): error CS1061: 'PrefabStage' does not contain a definition for 'assetPath' and no accessible extension method 'assetPath' accepting a first argument of type 'PrefabStage' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Some scripts have compilation errors which may prevent obsolete API usages to get updated. Obsolete API updating will continue automatically after these errors get fixed.

I tried first with Unity 2020, but that didnt work so I deleted Unity, and tried with 2019.. and same problem!

I have no idea what is wrong and cant even get off the ground!

Please help anyone.

xpxilom likes this.
  10. Appzoola

Appzoola

I had the same problem... did you find a solution?

11. Appzoola

Appzoola

Hi
    I have just tried to follow your instructions, and still getting errors, unfortunatly.
    one thing -- in the file NewSceneCreator, there is no reference to pb_Editor. (I am using Unity v 2019.4.6f1 on mac Catalina)
    The error I have now is :

Assets/3DGamekit/Packages/NavMeshComponents/Editor/NavMeshAssetManager.cs(44,73): error CS1061: 'PrefabStage' does not contain a definition for 'assetPath' and no accessible extension method 'assetPath' accepting a first argument of type 'PrefabStage' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am completely new to Unity and all I want to do is get on with understanding the whole thing and getting to grips with it, but cant even get off the ground.

Any help would be apprciated!

thanks!

Cheers

12. Scippy13

Scippy13

To make your scene the first level, just put your scene on the top position in player settings and deactivate all others. (works with 2018.4.23)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  13. Acissathar

Acissathar

Since I started playing around with it and didn't want to have to redo everything, if anyone is looking for URP shaders for the 3D Game Kit, Unity did do an update (at least for the Lite version).

The direct link is https://on.unity.com/2YmvHI3, which itself is from their video on Implementing an Ability System

xpxilom likes this.
  14. Pixelith

Pixelith

You
    Have to use 2020. The description of the gamekit says it's updated for unity 2020 while the asset store says unity 2018 is at least required. I downloaded 2020 and the errors went away.

15. Acissathar

Acissathar

Change assetPath to prefabAssetPath and it should work. The latter was replaced by the former in newer versions.

kakablank, hqx6464 and cbrig25 like this.
  16. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus

Hello! I'm working on building my game using the 3D Game Kit, and I'd like to add my name to the credits for my version, but I haven't been able to locate where the credits are in the assets folder. Could someone please help me find it?

17. erdodip

erdodip

Hi,

I had clean installed Unity and 3D Game Kit for XBOX Academy. I got few errors and warnings. I am new with this software. It would be nice, if anyone can explain what happen and/or help me.

1st error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CSharpNamespaceParser.FindClassAndNamespace (System.String className, System.String source, System.Boolean acceptStruct) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    3. UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CSharpNamespaceParser.FindNamespace (System.String sourceCode, System.String className, System.Boolean acceptStruct, System.String[] defines) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    4. Rethrow as IllegalNamespaceParsing: Searching for classname: 'AssemblyNameProvider' caused error in CSharpNameParser
    5. UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CSharpNamespaceParser.FindNamespace (System.String sourceCode, System.String className, System.Boolean acceptStruct, System.String[] defines) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    6. UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CSharpNamespaceParser.GetClassAndNamespace (System.String sourceCode, System.String className, System.String& outClassName, System.String& outNamespace, System.String[] defines) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    7. UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CSharpLanguage.GetClassAndNamespace (System.String filePath, System.String definedSymbols, System.String& outClassName, System.String& outNamespace) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    8. UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilers.GetClassAndNamespace (System.String file, System.String definedSymbols, System.String& outClassName, System.String& outNamespace) (at <8004fcc221b54f98ba547350ea71d812>:0)
    2nd error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.0-preview.14\Scripts\Runtime\TMP_DefaultControls.cs(191,22): error CS1061: 'RectMask2D' does not contain a definition for 'padding' and no accessible extension method 'padding' accepting a first argument of type 'RectMask2D' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3rd error
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Import parameters got modified during import

warning
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader warning in 'Custom/MirrorWater': Custom/MirrorWater shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)

Thank you for any anwser! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  18. decatch22

decatch22

Hi all and first of all this is just an amazing project. Many thanks to the devs for that.
    I need to ask about copyrights. As i cant find somewhere clear ill ask it here. Is it allowed to use and recreate the project world for commercial use? ex Steam?

19. nironto88

nironto88

I too am having this issue. how would i declare a new class or whatever else this error is saying the problem is?

20. squadpodstories

squadpodstories

For dialogue boxes you can follow this tutorial.

Hope that helps.

21. UDN_9dcea647-bf95-4275-86c1-e9be64f7be23

UDN_9dcea647-bf95-4275-86c1-e9be64f7be23

I've remapped all characters in Unity 3d game kit

What do you think?

kafiya likes this.
  22. jonnymorris

jonnymorris

I tried several of the Unity versions, the 2020.2.0b6 beta version solved those problems for me but the controls are wrong when I try playing the levels (W is Left, S is Right, A is back, D is forwards, I don't know how to fix this).

UPDATE: I followed minusdavid's note about adding the missing motions and it worked, not a very beginner-friendly state of affairs for the 3D Game Kit tutorial files.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  23. Flapman

Flapman

Can someone refer me to a good resource for best practices for using the 3D Game Kit as a template toward developing your own unique environment and game? Would you just replace the assets with your own? Thoughts?

24. LootHunter

LootHunter

I think at this point 3D Game Kit can only be used as a sample game or playground of sorts, where you can check how things work and make your own variants of assets, again, to check how they work. There are bugs and manual inconsistencies that just won't allow you to make a fully working game unless you study code and fix the issues on your own.

25. Flapman

Flapman

Thanks, LH. I am thinking the same. It looks like a good "Under the hood" example.

26. Flapman

Flapman

Hi, I saw this post from last year but did not see a response. Were you ever able to figure out how to get Ellen or an enemy to stay locked on and within the walkable boundaries the moving platform and move with it? I would like to know how to accomplish too.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  27. aztutorial45

aztutorial45

this is really awesome my one issue here is in the tutorial I don't see a way to modify said ellen on this
    I opened in blender and changed some things for a test
    then when re imported back to unity the model goes invisible

28. SuperGamer68

SuperGamer68

How do I open it?

29. chapali9a

chapali9a

Hey guys. Has anyone managed to make it work on an Android device? I'm using Control Freak 2 as a mobile controller but I'm having issues with Trackpad! The camera rotates whenever I touch somewhere on the screen!

Magendanz likes this.
  30. Nosmer

Nosmer

Something happened to my vegetation painter brush - it doesnt appear anymore, the vegetation simply appears under Ellen. Any help on how to fix it?

Edit: Also, somehow the navmesh doesnt generate. The bake button works, and there is a progress bar, but no surface is created.

Edit_x2: Getting this warning - Some MeshRenderers cannot contribute to global illumination, because their HideFlags are set to DontSaveInEditor, HideAndDontSave or DontSaveInBuild.

Last edit: Read through the forum, turns out I had gismos turned off somehow.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  31. kafiya

kafiya

can you tell me. please.

32. verdekiwi

verdekiwi

that would be useful if you write it here on the forum!
    I'm sure many people can benefit from that

33. DominicCaterina

DominicCaterina

Hey All,

New to Unity, using it mostly for implementing sound design. Anyone out here can help me with this problem? When attacking the boxes with Ellen's weapon, they do not destruct. I get the following error in the console multiple time as I hit the box. Let me know if you have experienced this or if this makes sense to you. Thanks!

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: method return type is incompatible
    2. System.Delegate.CreateDelegate (System.Type type, System.Object firstArgument, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, Boolean throwOnBindFailure) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:190)
    3. System.Delegate.CreateDelegate (System.Type type, System.Object firstArgument, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:276)
    4. UnityEngineInternal.NetFxCoreExtensions.CreateDelegate (System.Reflection.MethodInfo self, System.Type delegateType, System.Object target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/WinRT/NetFxCoreExtensions.cs:11)
    5. UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall..ctor (System.Object target, System.Reflection.MethodInfo theFunction) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:149)
    6. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetRuntimeCall (UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase theEvent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:447)
    7. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCallGroup.Initialize (UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList invokableList, UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase unityEventBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:610)
    8. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.RebuildPersistentCallsIfNeeded () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:780)
    9. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.PrepareInvoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:816)
    10. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    11. Gamekit3D.Damageable.LateUpdate () (at Assets/3DGamekit/Scripts/Game/DamageSystem/Damageable.cs:117)

34. FlorianArndt

FlorianArndt

Hi!

I'm facing an issue with the "DestructibleBox" prefab.

By default this prefab is made up of 2 objects. One of it is assigned to the "Enemy" layer. When I change the assignment to a new custom layer, the object is not visible on runtime. Hierachy says, it is still in the scene though. (talking about the 2 example scenes)

I already checked the cameras Culling Mask settings.

I would be most grateful for help of any kind.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  35. GreenDogstar

GreenDogstar

I'm trying to follow the guide: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/qu...4897edbc2a001fd5bdd0#5c7f8528edbc2a002053b743

It says "Locate the End Point Tool on the MovingPlatform in the Scene View" but I don't see it in mine. It also says "In the Scene View there should be a white arrowed line showing a connection from PressurePad to DoorSmall." This also doesn't show up.

I'm using Unity 2020.1. Is that causing the issue?

36. hqx6464

hqx6464

really appreacite this

37. id-tech

id-tech

Hi, It's a great post. But it's really hard to download on android. kindly resolve this. Thanks.

38. tjab223

tjab223

For a working pistol:
    If you were to make an extension / export the package for me that works with Unity 2020 and the most up to date Game Kit 3D, I would be willing to pay you.

I attempted to follow your video but after updating the player input file, a quad of green colors appeared on the screen...

id-tech likes this.
  39. tjab223

tjab223

'

I used this package and it causes a compile error. With the Sprawler c# file. Using the latest 2020 Unity and latest Game Kit 3D...

40. tjab223

tjab223

So I finally got all the way through your video, went through it a few times and for some reason, Ellen doesn't rotate but the Crosshair does. Everything else works.. The gun shoots where the crosshair is, but Ellen is holding her gun forward. Trying to figure out where this issue would be... I could go back through the entire video again but I am certain I did everything you did in the video. Would there be a change with the Latest 3D Game Kit and Unity 2020?

id-tech likes this.
  41. lobotomista

lobotomista

I saw this was updated, dis it add the new input system?

42. LootHunter

LootHunter

I don't know what it adds, but half of the files are gone. No audio, no documentation. And tutorial still refers to the "Component Reference Guide" where I'm supposed to look for in the project assets for info on TransitionDestination prefab. Which by the way isn't even in old documentation. How am I supposed to figure things out?

I mean I can look in the code and edit it now because I finished a few other tutorials, but if I was a newcomer I would be completely at loss Seriously, 3D Game Kit could have been a great idea at the time for beginners, but as of today, it's a mess that will just frustrate someone who wants to create a game quickly.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  43. bamncan

bamncan

Installed and tried playing, but my camera endlessly spins, moving the mouse south-west will temporarily stop it so I imagine my input settings are messed? What would be the mouse input settings necessary, or where can I find which settings are set to the mouse?

Also, does anyone have any tutorial on how to replace the characters in the scene with your own? I notice Ellen doesn't use humanoid rig.

Edit: It was my PlayStation 4 controller plugged in, causing confusion.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  44. lobotomista

lobotomista

There are acouple of tutorial for this on youtube. this process is called retargeting. so try seaching for something among the lines of "unity 3d game kit retargetting".

45. bamncan

bamncan

It's okay, I figured it out. Had to convert Ellen and all her animations to Humanoid, then was able to use her controller with my humanoid characters.

46. LootHunter

LootHunter

So, is anyone going to answer my question about the "Component Reference Guide"? Will it be ever updated?

47. Magendanz

Magendanz

Can anyone building 3D Game Kit for Android or iOS recommend a package for on-screen controls? My projects are building and running, but there's no mouse, keyboard or controller on these touch devices.

And has anyone converted 3D Game Kit over to the new input system?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  48. LootHunter

LootHunter

Hello. Is someone from "Unity Team" watching this thread? I'm asking because I thought 3D Game Kit project was completely abandoned, but recently there was an update in Asset Store. Why haven't you updated the manual? Or fixed tutorials for that matter?

Every time I return to refresh my memory, I see Scene Teleportation tutorial step that says to look up TransitionStart and TransitionDestination in the manual (and those components aren't in the manual). Also, 3D Game Kit Reference Guide starts with links to Interactive Tutorials and Interface & Essentials that don't lead anywhere.

49. LootHunter

LootHunter

Hello? Does anyone from Unity visit this thread?

50. LootHunter

LootHunter

Great! Now there are just spambots. Apparently, no one is watching this forum. No wonder I can't have an answer to my question.