Search Unity

Official 3D Game Kit Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Aurore, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

If you set "Inner Samples" (_numSteps) property to 0 in the crystal (Alien) shader you seem to get division by 0.
    In my case the editor hangs when the crystal became visible !

EDIT : might be happening when set it to a negative value - not sure !

NOTE : using 2018.1f1 - can not try with b13 because i uninstalled it !

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. D_Drakon

D_Drakon

NOTEBOOK DELL CORE I5, 8G

2018.1b13

LEVEL 1

I HAVE THE TWO ASSETS BELOW

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/action-rpg-starter-kit-9076

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/horse-animset-pro-riding-system-79902

BUT IF I AM WITH ANY OF THESE ASSETS + THE 3D GAME KIT BETA, WHEN I ABBRA A SCENE OF ONE OF THESE ASSETS AND GIVE PLAY THE CHARACTER THROUGH THE COLLISIONS AND FALLS INFINITELY, THE ONLY SCENES THAT WORK ARE FROM THE 3D GAME KIT BETA

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE THIS, I WILL TRY TO APAR AND REINSTALL VARIOUS TIMES BUT THE PROBLEM CONTINUES

3. ig3d

ig3d

2018.2.0b2 Windows 7 Gateaway DX4850 from 2011.

The Beta installs for like an hour.

Errors like mad. First it was crying about Cinemachine missing. So I got Cinemachine and then it cried about this

Assets/Cinemachine/PostFX/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(160,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostProcessVolume' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

So I got the post processing stack but that didn't make a difference.

I downloaded this last week on a more recent machine and it was flawless.

JustJunuh and zenGarden like this.
  4. tonymedd01

tonymedd01

Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    i have more than 200G free and i tried to decompress it with unity 2018.1.0f1 and unity 2018.2.0b1 and it wont decompress ??

5. peteorstrike

peteorstrike

Unity Technologies

Thanks for all the great bug reporting! I've found a fix for this particular issue - the menu was ported over from the 2D Game Kit, which required some elements of Ellen's 2D Character Controller to be present on the Canvas to control some spawning behaviours without creating errors in the console. It turns out that a Rigidbody 2D component was left on this version of the Canvas which causes the Event System to have a bit of a disco, so removing that from the StartMenuCanvas should fix it. I've pushed the fix ready for the next update, so hopefully you won't see this particular error soon!

Reanimate_L likes this.
  6. zenGarden

zenGarden

I got same bugs.

JustJunuh likes this.
  7. konsic

konsic

How does 3D kit work without SRP ? It is in 2018.1.
    I thought in 2018.1 you need to have one SRP in project settings.

8. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

It works, as the standard 3D project is supported like in all previous versions !
    Just set the project type ( using any of the templates in the drop down ) in the start window where you creating the project !

9. konsic

konsic

So default settings (rendering, lighting, materials) in 2018.1 are the same as in 2017 ?

10. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Sure, if you want to use LRP or HDRP you have to explicitly set the project type when you create it !
    I think you still can convert a project later to LRP/HDRP by importing any one of them from the package manager and by using some tools that get available then in the engine that help you convert materials etc. ( not really sure). Might be hard based on the assets you already have in the project !

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  11. olaowo

olaowo

So I imported the 3D Game kit. First it was missing , Cinemachine, then i got cinemachine, then it was missing, the Texture 3d mesh pro, then i got that, third it was missing a processing volume, had download that from a dropbox(what the hell). Now am getting a probuilder error at one of the edior scripts so i removed that. Now none of the menu text work, causes the text are missing a refernce script(i have no idea what it is). I can only play level 2 cause level carshes my system. Also am sure their more errors but my system crashes before it can register them all

12. zenGarden

zenGarden

The demo should contain other packages downloads like dependencies, With those errors it makes a bad user experience, this should be fixed when it's no more Beta.

firepad9 likes this.
  13. olaowo

olaowo

So should wait then?

14. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yes.

15. TinhoTineu

TinhoTineu

Hello, i have a error:

Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()

My specs:

FX9370
    16 GB ram
    GTX 970 4GB
    System on SSD 120 GB (53 free)
    Projects on HD 2TB (544 free)

16. David5988

David5988

Hello there!

I imported the asset on a clean project but I can't do a build of the game. I'm using a Mac Mini (2015) with the latest version of Unity.

UPDATE: Used Windows 10 on the same machine. Same result. The game work on "preview" but when I want to do a Build, it gives me errors and does not build.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  17. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.