Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other 2D UNITY TILES problem

Discussion in '2D' started by fabledxx, Mar 28, 2023.

1. fabledxx

fabledxx

I have a problem with the tiles, without any reason, sometimes while editing and sometimes while testing the game, my tileset disappears (more than half but not all). and after clicking on the tiles I realize that they lose the tile reference they should have >:¨v

To avoid this problem so far, I simply closed the scene (without saving the progress) and went back to a point where I was fine, but I think it's time to fix the problem.

upload_2023-3-28_0-25-3.png

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

That's not how to report a bug.

There is ONE way to report a bug.

Go up to the menu, Help -> Report a Bug.

3. vonchor

vonchor

In the inspector, there's no tile there. Generally, but not always, if there had been a tile, the sprite reference would exist (even though you can't see a sprite there) but the asset reference (the "Tile" field) would be null.

Are you sure that there's actually something at that location?

4. fabledxx

fabledxx

I would say yes, because my tile palette if it has the references, I can repaint the tiles, maybe the problem happened because I re-edit the sprite I use as tile (not to have many files).

5. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

@fabledxx This seems strange. Could you share more details on how you are re-editing your Sprites and updating the Tile assets? This would give us more clues on why this is happening. Thanks!

6. fabledxx

fabledxx

Many times I drag the file to an asesprite (pixel art tool), then paint more tiles, save and it updates in unity. Then to cut new tiles I use the tool to cut sprites (with the smart function so that they do not change place), until this moment everything works fine, the problem happens from one moment to another and then all the tiles with this file lose the reference (the tiles that you see were in other files).

7. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

@fabledxx Thanks, we will check out this workflow from Asesprite. Would you mind make a quick video of this process so that we can reproduce this problem?

8. fabledxx

fabledxx

I tried to reproduce the problem from another identical project but I didn't succeed, but I'll keep an eye out if it happens again.

9. fabledxx

fabledxx

Ok, I had the problem again, I got the unity error when it doesn't find all the packages (while you are opening the project in github) and I hit continue (many times I solve it that way) and the problem happened again. Maybe it's something in my hard disk or how things are being organized, after that I updated the github (because I had it outdated).