Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Multiplayer game solutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ritarirane, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Ritarirane

Ritarirane

Hey,

I've made a simple 2d blackjack game.

I added working authentication/database using Firebase to handle player balances/login/registering etc... but now i'd like to make this a multiplayer game.

This game is ment to be played on phones only (at this moment atleast).

So ehm, where do i start? I think i need some kind of a server that all clients would connect to, and sync the actions, right?

What are my options? I did a bit of research, and saw Fusion by Photon (released in just 2021), which is better than PUN/BOLT by Photon. It offers a Shared Mode, and Host Client mode.
    I dont want anyone to host the game i think, coz if the host has poor connection, everyone else suffers from it too.

The shared mode is simplier, but i heard you can cheat easier? Some guy dsid in yt vid idk.. but what i think i need is like a server to host it and everyone connects to it.

Also cheating i would like to be as hard as possible...

Whats the best solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  2. r31o

r31o

Photon fusion supports dedicated server mode. The issue will be that you will have to pay the server hosting + the photon cloud relay (which is more expensive for fusion)

The networking solution I use is Fish-Networking. Its free, it uses very low bandwidth, and is made for authoritative server games (It also can run player hosted and p2p games).

I think all of the networking solutions out there support 2d, since there is nothing really specific.

3. Ritarirane

Ritarirane

ill check it out, thanks!

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

5. Ritarirane

Ritarirane