Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2019.1 Texture streaming in editor not working?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Fewes, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Fewes

Fewes

Texture streaming off:

Texture streaming on:

Moving the camera to the now blurry (assume not streamed in yet) texture:

And nothing happens. Texture stays blurry and in fact I cannot see any texture change anywhere. Is this not the intended way to preview texture streaming?
    (Those are mesh renderers, not the terrain system)

2. WangShibo17

WangShibo17

I got same issue. Anyone have any idea?

3. Dorodo

Dorodo

Any updates on this? Got the same issue here in 2019.4 LTS.

4. Fewes

Fewes

I've tried multiple times since to use the texture streaming API and I always end up with the same problem: Can load only what seems to be one of the last mips but camera position doesn't affect anything. I'm guessing texture streaming is a broken feature at this point. If it's not, a working example from Unity would be nice...

5. Dorodo

Dorodo

Yeah, that's a shame. I'm sure there must be a way, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work. I also tried checking the viking village example Unity said it used as a testbed, but couldn't find anything regarding this tech on the available package either.

:(

6. Lex4art

Lex4art

Same here - Texture Streaming in latest Unity 2021.1b1 + HDRP 11.0 (DXR mode) feels broken, at least for textures on materials that applied at runtime...