Search Unity

Bug 0a13, 0a15 with URP - adding a game object to a custom layer makes it invisible

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Deleted User, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP

Has this nasty behaviour been fixed in 0a15?

Thank you.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

The answer is NO!

Capture d’écran_2021-11-25_08-51-04.jpg

3. Carpe-Denius

Carpe-Denius

On the top right there's a dropdown called layers. Is your layer visible there (you can hide whole layers in editor)?
    Is it visible on camera?
    I have tons of objects in other layers and all of them are rendered.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for your interest. :)

I wouldn't have created this thread if I hadn't verified that first. Every layer is visible and the camera rendering culling mask is set to "everything". It also happens to new objects just out of the box, no custom materials added, and to procedurally generated objects. What kind of hidden setting could do that?

Are you using Universal RP, just in case the problem would be related to this package?

Capture d’écran_2021-11-25_14-25-18.jpg

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021
  6. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Problem fixed for now: I removed Universal RP.

9. Jonas-Mortensen

Jonas-Mortensen

Unity Technologies

Hey @APSchmidt
    If you found a bug, you can just go ahead and report it. We will handle duplicates.
    One last thing to check though is the filtering masks on the renderer asset:
    upload_2021-11-26_11-25-10.png

mrphilipjoel and Zyblade like this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Okay, I'll reinstall URP and take a look but why would this not be set correctly on install? And where are these settings? Thanks.

11. Jonas-Mortensen

Jonas-Mortensen

Unity Technologies

It should be set correctly (to "everything") if you didn't change it. So it might still be a bug you're encountering.
    The setting is on the renderer asset. It's an asset in the project that is referenced by the pipeline asset, which you can find in the graphics settings (in project settings).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Deleted User likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Okay, I created a new project in which I installed URP. Then I followed the instructions here. In the project settings, I added the Universal Rendering Pipeline asset to the graphics and the quality settings. I had done all this in the previous project.

I found the asset you mention and the settings are the same as yours. I added a cube to the scene, changed its layer to a newly created one and... it's still visible! I guess something was borked in the previous project...

I've imported my assets to the new project and everything is fine now. I have no idea what happened since I'm pretty sure I never modified that asset. Oh well, all is well that ends well, shall we say. ;)

Thanks for your help!

Capture d’écran_2021-11-26_14-28-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2021
  13. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

14. Jonas-Mortensen

Jonas-Mortensen

Unity Technologies

If the opaque layer mask is set to everything. Then the intended behavior is that any new layers will be included in the mask. If you're seeing other behavior it would be great to have a bug report!

If the layer mask is not either Everything or Nothing then new layers are disabled by default.