Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for testers with Magic Leap for AR Foundation Editor Remote plugin

Discussion in 'AR' started by KyryloKuzyk, Sep 12, 2020.

1. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Hi developers!

I'm a creator of AR Foundation Editor Remote plugin. This plugin lets you reduce development time by streaming AR data from AR devices to Unity Editor. This eliminates the need to make a new build every time you make a minor change.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ar-...d-debug-your-ar-project-in-the-editor.898433/

Today, I released a new version of the plugin which has Meshing support (ARMeshManager) so the plugin can be very beneficial to everyone who's dealing with Meshing on Magic Leap.

The thing is my plugin should support Magic Leap because it relies on AR Foundation API but I can't prove it without the actual device. I can't rent Magic Leap in my country and buying one for testing purposes is very expensive. So I'm looking for volunteers!

What I can offer in exchange?
    A free copy of the plugin!

What Magic Leap features does the plugin also support?
    1. Device tracking (position and rotation)
    2. Plane tracking
    3. 2D Image tracking
    4. Raycast against tracked planes
    5. Anchors (ARAnchorManager)
    6. Meshing (ARMeshManager)

If you want to help, please send me a private message with a photo of your device and I will grant you access to the plugin.

Thanks in advance, I hope my plugin will be useful for Magic Leap community!

Here is a video I made with the help of new iPad with LiDAR:

makaka-org likes this.
  2. Anastasia-Devana

Anastasia-Devana

1. What if I already bought the plugin? :)
    2. Magic Leap has ZI (zero iteration) - so not sure if this plugin is required for development

3. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

1. Then you can grab the latest version from the Asset Store :)
    I have already one report saying that the plugin works with Magic Leap (although in a limited way, we're figuring this out).
    I would be very grateful if you can help with testing the plugin on ML.
    2. Do you have experience with ZI? Maybe there are some pain points I can address and this will make my plugin worth for Magic Leap development?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020