Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ZzZzZ UVPaint ( skinned mesh Decal+Texturing System) ZzZz

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iRobi, May 1, 2016.

1. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Come back iRobi... We need you :(

Wothanar likes this.
  2. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

Last reply from iRobi Oct 12, 2017. 3 months ago. Seems he died. R.I.P iRobi.
    No contact from his website. Nothing. Have tried for 10 weeks to find him.

3. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

R.I.P. iRobi, R.I.P. my future.

4. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

Yep. My app has been on hold until hear from him. Now on stand-still for 10 weeks. All we need to do is change the 512 output to 4096/8192 and stop it recalling the camera. Just one stamp at a time not recalling camera for re stamping same decal. So frustrating. I found his facebook and twitter accounts. Even found his girlfriend via his Facebook, sent her message asking if she knows where he is.....

5. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Would that resolution not be a performance issue? And what do you mean recalling the camera?

6. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

Yeh but I am using it for an industrial application not for gaming.

7. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

About performance issue then we would solve that by running the App on remote server, so user is only interacting with it's interface remotely. And they would need purchase minutes to use it because we can't just pay for their free time.

8. GameMechanics

GameMechanics

I am interested in making a paint shop, posting the results online to be downloaded by others. Is it possible to create a Unity Texture out of the results? Or does it require some proprietary data format? Basically, how would multiplayer custom cars work?

9. GameMechanics

GameMechanics

So far I have gotten little feedback. Bought it and found lots of bugs. It works pretty good but you can't ship software for sale based on pretty good. Since there is no source code, this is not a solution I can use. Oh well.

10. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

What bugs have you found? I'm curious to see if they are the ones i've encountered.

11. julianr

julianr

In future I'm not buying software unless it has source code, as when the developer vanishes, you're stuck! Yeah I can understand those that want to protect their software, but only if you are a commercial company with constant updates to resolve 99.9% of the bugs will I purchase it.

JBR-games and chadfranklin47 like this.
  12. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Yeah, that is a good rule to go by.

julianr likes this.
  13. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

What problems are you having with this asset?

14. julianr

julianr

None at the moment, as I bought it a while back as an asset I'd like to use in my project when I am at that stage (which will be within a week or two) - but I've been watching the issues others have had and the limitations of what you cannot do with it, so having source code would have been good to expand or modify the asset and make it compatible with future Unity releases. Upgrading to 2018.x might not be a viable option.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at the author by any means - the dedication he has shown throughout the years in supporting this asset has been good. But if its no longer supported maybe he could release the source if possible.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  15. ssmedia

ssmedia

Hi there, I am writing this on behalf of my client who had brought this plugin 2 days ago from asset store for an ongoing project in which user needs to paint pain points/color on a 3D avatar model. The plugin is working fine on desktop/unity editor in Runtime but its not working when deployed to some of the android devices like Redmi 3s, Mi 4i etc. but is working well on devices like Nexus 5. The build created using the package itself is not working on these devices.

Is it some shader compatibility issue with the GPU? How do we fix it? As its a vital functionality for the app & not good for user experience & for the app success too if it doesn't work on so many popular devices.

Please help me out ASAP as we have deadline to meet in 3-4 days.

16. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Alright, but when you get there I may be able to help if you have any problems. Just let me know. Yeah, releasing the source when not able to support it anymore would have been the right way to go. Hopefully he is still well to have been able to do that.

julianr likes this.
  17. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

In case you didn't catch the memo, the developer has been inactive for quite some time now. Without source code, there isn't much that we users can do to help. The shaders are available for you to edit though, I'm not too good with shaders though, so i'm not sure if that is the problem or not. What isn't working though? Like describe the problem. Will the paint just not work at all?

18. julianr

julianr

cheers - appreciate it!

19. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Hello I am running into a problem where a texture will paint on both sides even though I have both sides as false and deep alpha as 0. Further more the texture that gets painted on the back side has reversed coloring (like the front where I clicked will have an orange flower and the back side will have a blue one). If I put a break point on the create call it is definitely only being called once per click. Do you have any idea what can be causing this? Here is my code:

if (Input.GetMouseButton(0))
    {
    Ray mouseRay = Camera.main.ScreenPointToRay(Input.mousePosition);
    RaycastHit[] hits = Physics.RaycastAll(mouseRay);

foreach (RaycastHit hit in hits)
    {
    if (HasTagOrParentHasTag(hit.transform, "Player"))
    {
    UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName("_SkinBase");
    UVPaint.Normalized_DeepAlpha(0.0f);
    UVPaint.isTwoSided(false);
    UVPaint.DecalSize(tattooSize);
    UVPaint.Create(hit.transform.root.gameObject, hit.point, hit.transform.rotation, selectedTattoo);
    }
    }
    }

20. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Yeah, I was running into this exact issue and I'm not sure what was causing it either. Probably something in the shader. I think I fixed it, let me get back to you in a bit.

21. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Thank you very much!

22. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Alright, try copying and pasting the code in the attached text file into the PaintPC shader in iRobi/UVPaint/Shaders. Overwrite everything in there. Let me know if it fixes the problem.

Attached Files:

23. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

That shader seems to throw a compile error and thus makes the model fully error-pink. The error points to line 20 which is just Offset -1, -1 so I don't think that's the actual problem with your shader.

24. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Okay that was a VS formatting thing. Fixed that. I am still getting some problems where it will sometimes print on the wrong side and it will not print at all on various large segments of space on the model. For example it'll print on the back of the model's legs but not at all on it's upper back. On the front it's printing on one leg but not the other. The sections I could not print in did not happen with the previous shader. Lastly I am seeing white streaks show up on some parts of the model. I am however no longer getting inverted colors.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  25. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Okay, yeah i did break something. Could you try changing the d = d > 0 ? d : -1; at the end to just d = 1. It should paint on both sides, but I don't know what could be causing white streaks. Did this get rid of them? Could I see screenshots? Thanks.

26. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Hi, sorry it's been a little bit. I'm programming for other people so I have to wait on permission for screen shots, and the person who could give me a yes or no on that hasn't been able to get back to me. I'll just try to describe what is still happening. There is no longer sections of the body it won't print in when I do that change, but now it always prints on both sides of the model again (despite me setting the both sides property to false). However, unlike the first variant both sides are correctly colored. There are some weird effects I'm seeing as well though. If I have an image that ends somewhat close to the side of the model the front and back images will stretch and connect together. Also for certain images I'm seeing thin white lines going from various edge points of the image and stretching around the model (sometimes even looking like they are going around segments of the model). Lastly if I use the restore (erase) call the image in the front will erase but the back image will just get brighter/darker. This happens whether I initially clicked on the front or the back.
    Thank you very much for all your help so far. If I'm allowed to post any images I'll add them.

27. Mister-D

Mister-D

@iRobi
    u should make a gore system

28. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

@Mister-D
    first he needs to come back

29. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. No problem, just trying to help out. I thought I had the shader working perfectly, but it had a lot of bloat and stuff I used for a specific use case so I was trying to simple it down, but in doing so I must have messed something up. A few more questions, does the stretching happen when you use the original shader? Make sure to have the same UVPaint_Options set. Also do the lines happen? I expect the erase error for now, I'll get back to testing it and hopefully have a working fix for you in the near future.

30. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Thank you very much! I do not get the stretch and lines issue with the original shader. I really do appreciate all of your help.

31. dragonkioku119

dragonkioku119

Okay, I got a few screens shots that don't show clothes or much of a character model and was told that would be fine. I don't know if it will add more information but in this image:
    https://imgur.com/a/NmoZVz3
    The far left shows the default scar image and that has white lines stretching from various points on the scar's outline and going around segments of the leg. The third image is related. It's more faded but it is showing that the white lines stretch out in all directions. They go all the way around the model. The second image is the default flower image stretching between the flowers on the two sides. The last image is the miscoloring on parts of flowers that I reverted on the back of the model (though you said you expected that). I don't know if this adds any more information, but hopefully it helps a little.

32. Rad226

Rad226

Hello everyone.
    Studio I work for bought UVPaint for me to use.
    I'm in dire need of source code for UVPaint. I need to know HOW this thing actually works so I can achieve certain results in my project and know how to prevent certain things from happening for example: darkening of texture after UVPaint.Create() is used to draw -> fullrestore doesn't help.

As i was reading all posts some of ppl here managed to get the sourcecode from iRobi himself in pm.
    Can someone provide this sourcecode?
    I know that this supposed to be done only by owner of such code (iRobi) but the owner has been absent for 3+ months now and at the moment there is no other way to get it.

I used ILSpy to see what is inside those f****g dll's but results were not satisfying.

33. Rad226

Rad226

IMHO
    Selling assets that contain scripts ONLY as dll's without actual sourcecode to check by customers should be forbidden by Unity Asset Store so such situations where developer dissapears from exsistance leaving everyone for themselves won't happen.

34. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Yeah i agree to an extent. But the dev recently updated the package to support Unity 2018 so he must have recently come back or something.

TooManySugar likes this.
  35. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Dev, will you release the source code as well as people suggest here. In this way lots of people will buy it so due to some random disappearance, people will be able to fix errors themselves.

36. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

This would be most appreciated and better for everybody. There are many ways the asset can be improved, and in some cases, people have specific use scenarios that either requires source code, or a super active developer to get peoples' needs met. Please consider it iRobi, or at least give the reason you protect it with dll.

UnityRocksAlt likes this.
  37. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Thanks, I have NOT bought the product yet. But if he can do this, fantastic

38. Fredcm

Fredcm

Hello!

I am currently working on a game designed for mobile devices, and one of the ideas is to project images over skinned meshes. This way, UVPaint seems perfect for what I am intending to do.

However, I would like to confirm if UVPaint would be able to meet my needs while keeping a good performance. Also, I was wondering, if possible, if you could provide a trial version of UVPaint so that I can test it before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

39. AlexanderElert

AlexanderElert

Its actually work with UBER?

40. Rad226

Rad226

That is a really good question: "with what shaders does it work?". It clearly requires some specific shaders to work properly but I don't know which.
    From my own experience UBER shaders doesn't work :(

It would realy realy help to know what is happening under the hood of this system. Now we can guess it by trail and error with over 9000 shaders * different RenderingModes * maps * textures...

Good luck.

41. MHNielsen

MHNielsen

Hello,
    I read that the developer of this package is not responding on anything. But maybe some of you guys can answer some questions I have.
    So I like the package and what it can do. What I am trying to do is spawning the decals when I am hitting an enemy. That works fine. But the decals are only spawning on the back of the player I am shooting. Not when I am standing on the front and shooting. The decals spawn on both sides, but I want to be able to see the decal spawning when I am standing in front of the target and not only behind the target. (I hope you can understand what I mean by this. Let me know if you need some video material if you dont understand).
    Also, do you need a big collider on the parent of the target object? I can't seem to have the collider on a child of the target object. Then it won't work. Has anyone had these issues before or do you know a solution?

I will love to hear from you guys.

42. gdarie

gdarie

Is it possible to paint text as well?

43. joduffy

joduffy

Is anyone else having problems with the erase part of UVPaint?

It seems to leave behind some artifacts on the texture seams. Even when using the same scene "UVPaint Place" with the TeddyBear characters.

44. jorg3n3gr3iros

jorg3n3gr3iros

don't work in unity 2018 HDRP ?

45. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Hello everyone. I am in contact with the developer over email. He says he lost the password to his Unity Forum account and can't post. You can email him at the email on his Unity Asset Store profile page: 'ganthales_78@mail.ru'.

46. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

Developer answered me trough facebook. TX for the email.!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  47. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

Developer answered! I got my issues fixed! long live to this asset!. Hope he can retrieve keys or simply make new account and keep supporting users from the forum

48. JGroxz

JGroxz

Also interested, has anyone tried if it works in LWRP?

49. wangjiangang

wangjiangang

hi~have you solve the problem “”DllNotFoundException : MonoPosixHelper“”

50. wangjiangang

wangjiangang

hi how to solve the DllNotFoundException: MonoPosixHelper bug~