Search Unity

ZzZzZ UVPaint ( skinned mesh Decal+Texturing System) ZzZz

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iRobi, May 1, 2016.

1. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

IRobi,
    We are using UVPaint to show blood on enemy characters. Each character has 2 LODs.

We have an issue where if a character bumps into a blue door, then gets shot ( we show red blood)...he picks up the blue color from the door and his whole body is blue.

Is there a way to prevent that?

2. iRobi

iRobi

Thanx so much!
    Yeap, it is known issue, just increase Texture size. It can reduse seems size
    Ok, now try to find PaintPC.shader and
    Change:
    float Depth = sampleShadowmap( i.sh.xy, 1-i.dpth*0.995 ); //to 0.991
    it must help
    Which version are you use? I can provide the older version, where all ok
    Hi! Error appear when you compile? Or when you try to call UVPaint.Create()? Please tell me your version of unity

3. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! Can you record video please?

4. scionious

scionious

Hey there - I'm building for iOS via Xcode and Xcode throws a bunch of errors (over 20, but the compiler stops at 20 and just says there are too many errors to show). They look like this:
    XCODE/Classes/Native/Bulk_iRobi_0.cpp:2006:48: error: cast from pointer to smaller type 'int32_t' (aka 'int') loses information
    if ((((int32_t)L_16) < ((int32_t)(((int32_t)((int32_t)L_19.get__pointer_1()))))))

XCODE/Classes/Native/Bulk_iRobi_0.cpp:2045:10: error: no viable conversion from returned value of type 'il2cpp_array_size_t' (aka 'int') to function return type 'UIntPtr_t'
    return (((Il2CppArray *)L_0)->max_length);

XCODE/Classes/Native/Bulk_iRobi_0.cpp:2700:48: error: cast from pointer to smaller type 'int32_t' (aka 'int') loses information
    if ((((int32_t)L_34) < ((int32_t)(((int32_t)((int32_t)L_37.get__pointer_1()))))))

XCODE/Classes/Native/Bulk_iRobi_0.cpp:3144:214: error: cast from pointer to smaller type 'int32_t' (aka 'int') loses information
    int32_t L_165 = VirtFuncInvoker3< int32_t, ByteU5BU5D_t3397334013*, int32_t, int32_t >::Invoke(14 /* System.Int32 System.IO.Stream::Read(System.Byte[],System.Int32,System.Int32) */, L_160, L_161, 0, (((int32_t)((int32_t)L_164.get__pointer_1()))));

Is there a way to easily fix this? I'm working on a game specifically for iPhones and can't build to iOS in the meantime :(
    Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

5. rathoddhaval

rathoddhaval

Hi i m using unity 5.6.1f1 and also tried in other unity version still getting this error
    its working in Unity editor perfect
    But when build apk and run in android its throw error MonoProfixHelper dll not found
    Error comes at runtime in android

6. Bitboys

Bitboys

Hello! We are interested in buying your asset to integrate it into our new game. The fact is that we thought to use it to paint the bullet holes, but we have a doubt since we have not seen any video that shows this option.
    Is your asset able to do "Fade Out" the decal after a few seconds instead of deleting it as if we have seen what can be done? Thanks for your time.

Mijail (Bitboys Studio)

7. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! I think i can help you! please write me to p.m.

8. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! UVPaint is tool for UV painting, so... This is best for drawing on characters.
    And does not have the capacity to fade applyed textures

9. zeekindustries

zeekindustries

Hey!
    I have a very specific question on whether it is possible to blend alphas. I'm using a custom shader to paint on a blank layer, and our system requires the Alpha to be set dynamically, but the new alpha value keeps on replacing the alpha value behind, this leads to seeing the borders of the decal when painted on top of something that is already painted on instead of adding to it. I sent you a P.M. to explain myself better, I would appreciate if you can help me with this one. Thanks!

10. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! I answer in p.m. Hope this helps!

11. devdreamstudio

devdreamstudio

Hello , i'm having a problem with this asset ( 1.7 latest version ) it's not working , the zombie race says that it's for 5.5 unity and i'm working with 5.4.1 , can you help , all my project is based on this version , can you help :studiodevdream@gmail.com

12. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! What happens? Errors? Crashes?

13. gstmartin_simleader

gstmartin_simleader

Hello, I've been working with your package and I'm not sure what I've messed up but the editor is throwing a ton of errors and it lags a ton. Any clue on what it might be ?

"A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]"

And it points to a UVPaint.Create function.

14. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! So strange! Which version are you use? (UVPaint and Unity)

15. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Anyone managed already to sabe multiple textures having control of their names?

16. devdreamstudio

devdreamstudio

hello , so i get some error "transform unity is fixing it " and the main scene is not working you cannot paint the bears , and as soon as i open the garage scene in the zombie race asset , unity crashes ! what should i do ?

17. gstmartin_simleader

gstmartin_simleader

Hey there, UVPaint version is latest and Unity is 5.6.1f1. We actually discovered the cause of the problem. We are modifying a specific map in the shader using "
    UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName("_Paint_Mask");" and some of the objects did not have said map and threw an error. Anyway, we didn't look into the problem in detail and only allowed the paint to affect specific object so the error does not happen anymore.

We do have another issue though, we apply a texture to a specific map (it's a mask) but under certain circumstances (which we cannot reproduce effectively), the whole map becomes clean blue when painting. It removes all modifications that were done to the map and becomes blue (Seems to be the same blue that unity uses as a default skybox color). Any clue why it does that and how to fix it ?

18. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! Try to import package into clean project and update UVPaint to 1.84e.
    Hi! Demo scene with Teddy Bears have demonstration work with mask (the fourth bear)
    About blue color. Which layer are uses your gameobjects?

19. iRobi

iRobi

Texture Painting by these names?

20. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Yes for UV Paint, like garaje example but with a model when painting a model with different textures/materials

21. iRobi

iRobi

superman.png

0_4f0af_56a2c169_XXL.png
    Change Log:
    v1.84e

• Improved perfomance.
    • Fixed shader errors on Android (Pink textures).
    • Fixed shader errors on IOS (Pink textures).
    • Added direct access to Renderer arrays.
    • Added UV coordinate settings for the atlas.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    TooManySugar likes this.
  22. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I'm a bit sad cause drop 4.x support but I totally understand but to be honest I'm excited to see the package develop.

23. gstmartin_simleader

gstmartin_simleader

Hello again, so we seem to be getting errors when trying to apply multiple textures to the same object using UVPaint in quick UVPaint.Create() calls. We use the plugin to paint on a model and when a lot of textures are applied to our model, we get a NullRef on the UVPaint.Create() function, resulting in the object's shader being set to iRobi/Empty-Shader.
    Appears to be due to the speed of painting in quick successions rather than the amount of textures.
    Any solution to this ?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  24. Unityraptor81

Unityraptor81

Hey IRobi,

First thanks to these great asset. Just integrate it in my game (Tales Of Glory) in 3 minutes ;)

Just a little question cause i can't seem to find an answer. I use UVPaint for creating wounds decals on enemy bodies on sword impact point. When multiple impacts are on the same spot, the border of the decal progressively turn the body texture to transparent. It was the case with my custom wound texture, so i've used the splash texture in the demo and it's also the case (see the picture)

Have i missed something ?

Thanks

Jay

Attached Files:

25. heedley

heedley

Hi scionious did you ever happen to figure this out? It only happens when I try to target a universal build. Just arm7 works and deploys to my ipod touch but will fail with a vague "could not write to device error", changing the project to universal in unity adds arm64 to xcode, and then all these linker errors appear.

26. heedley

heedley

Hey everyone. I was playing around with the demo scene for UVPaint and noticed that if you remove the back wall you can no longer paint the transparent bear. Is there a workaround or shader change that would allow painting on a transparent mesh without a background? Attaching a few screenshots to demonstrate the issue.

Attached Files:

27. heedley

heedley

Oh to follow up on this one, it was a unity bug and is fixed in the latest beta.

28. wightwhale

wightwhale

I'm having an issue when I call UVPaint.Create() where the object I'm trying to paint turns blue instead of getting painted. I updated the plugin and the issue persists. I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Gameobject layer is default.

I'm also getting a warning about the same time not sure if it's related
    RenderTexture.Create: Depth|ShadowMap RenderTexture requested without a depth buffer. Changing to a 16 bit depth buffer.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  29. chiaweicharliewu

chiaweicharliewu

Could I have a rectangular-shaped decal that the width and height of decal are different like the following images?
    RecDecalWide.PNG
    RecDecalTall.PNG

30. SammmZ

SammmZ

Hey! Did anyone check, will the UVpaint works with the Alloy custom shaders?

31. iRobi

iRobi

Guys, sorry for delay. I was on vacation.
    Hi! I'm glad to see)
    I think, it happens due to UVPaint shader.
    Try to add "ColorMask RGB" to PaintPC shader between "Tags { "Queue" = "Transparent" "RenderType"="Opaque" }" and
    "Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha". I hope this helps.
    Hi! I think, this happens due UVPaint before painting, creates depth map. This is need for per object covering effect (like the shadow) during painting. Transparent shaders have some problems with depth buffer. Is this critical for you?

32. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! Do you use forward rendering?
    Hi! Not yet, i can add special option in next release. In the meantime, you can change the aspect of the projector "UVPaint Decal services." This service will appear after the first application of decals
    Hi, yes, UVPaint support custom shader. Just use UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName("_YourProperty"); before calling UVPaint.Create();

33. chiaweicharliewu

chiaweicharliewu

I have a hard time getting the projector "UVPaint Decal services" in code because it is an inactive root GameObject not in the ActiveScene
    (ie. I cannot get it neither through "Find" nor "GetActiveScene().GetRootGameObjects" )

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  34. Griffo

Griffo

@iRobi Hi, can you fade back to the original texture, not just reset it? Thanks.

I'm also getting a room error, I have a blood particle effect that when colliding with the players hands it adds blood to the hands but some times this error shows up, and as you can see in the pictures the shader is removed, I'm using the standard shader.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 12.03.07.png Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 12.03.25.png

As you can see in the error message picture just above the error I debug it and it shows the collision GO as the Hands, and position, rotation and texture all to be correct, but still randomly getting that error.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  35. heedley

heedley

Yes, this would def be nice to fix. We have a really hacky workaround in place atm, but it fails in some edge cases and it is less than ideal. Thanks for getting back to me!

36. JackHK

JackHK

Hi. Great plugin!

Question: I want to paint the alpha channel of the _MetallicGlossMap in Unity's standard shader. Is this possible?

37. Sarmad123

Sarmad123

Hello Everyone i have been using UV paint system with UFPS currently facing an issue i have been successful to integrate it with U FPS and everything is working fine on editor enemy textures are updating very fine but as soon as i made build and run it on android device it does not work.
    using DDMS i have found that these lines are working.
    note : there is no exception while running on editor and android.
    i am uploading a file if any body help that will be very great full

Attached Files:

38. DonkyeyUppercut

DonkyeyUppercut

Hi iRobi!

I wanted to reach out to you as we’re shipping a commercial product on PSVR that uses your UVPaint tool. However, our timing is urgent.

It’s a VR game and we’re trying to get burn marks to appear on a very large moving, deforming character. The moment we trigger the call of "UVPaint.create", we get a crash error : "UnityGfxDeviceWorker EXC_BAD_ACCESS"

We are on Unity 5.4.5 p4. Do you have any idea what the issue might be?

Best regards,

Dan

39. reedny

reedny

If I have a mesh created dynamically at runtime, and the mesh's texture is 512x512 so it tiles if the mesh is not square, will decals applied to a single location on the mesh also repeat ?

40. wightwhale

wightwhale

No deferred

41. mattis89

mattis89

How does this work? I have fps game and i want blood decals and wounds when I shoot and use meele weapons? Is it done with this asset? Hard? Need to code? Expensive on performance? How do I know if my characters is uv unwrapped?

42. Pauleta

Pauleta

Hello there,

I just bought your pack and i got into a problem: The render texture is low resolution. I need a output render texture with a 8192x8192 resolution. Can you provide the source please ?

43. Thre3ouls

Thre3ouls

I iRobi can you please tell me if it's possible to use a texture mask so that some parts of the target mesh cannot be painted? Example if I have a car that is 1 mesh with 1 texture, I want glasses to not be paintable.

Tnx
    Andrea

44. mojoceratops

mojoceratops

Hi iRobi,

I recently had to remove the UVPaint plugin from my game because it seemed responsible for an abruptly-appearing, devastating performance problem, but it remains the ideal solution and I'd like to re-implement it. We had always had massive performance issues when the decals were applied (which I'd also appreciate any optimization advice on), but these new problems would last until the decals were removed, at which point performance would return to normal.

We're already doing a bit of rendering wizardly to populate a large forest, so I assume that UVPaint may be negatively interacting with that solution. I think the initial spikes for decal placement are due to UVPaint's additional render calls to the camera, but I have no idea what could be causing the continued performance issues after the initial placement. Do you have any ideas why that might have abruptly begun happening? The asset we're using for the forest rendering is VegetationStudio, which isn't public yet, but maybe the info page could have a hint?

Thanks!

45. Pauleta

Pauleta

Did you receive the source ? I asked 13 days ago and the guy didn't reply me.

kwt127 likes this.
  46. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I'm working on a VR game and runtime performance for painting seems to cause a huge spike when painting during runtime.

Is there a way to paint an object in the editor and save the material for later use? I would like to use this tool to paint blood on a character, save the material...then just swap materials during runtime.

Is it possible to paint in Editor only?

47. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

Hamish did you get the source-code? We purchased it but is no source code. Because we been trying contact Robi now for 30 days now no-reply. I am guessing he gave you the source-code?

48. TRYPTYC

TRYPTYC

Did you get the code? I bought the asset but now been waiting 30 days to hear back from this Robi. Maybe he died in car crash, don't know. But we need the code.

49. tapawafo

tapawafo

Hello @iRobi ,

This seems to be a wonderful asset! I have a simple question:

Does this have any sort of mirror/symmetry capabilities? For a character creator, this would be very helpful.

Thanks.

50. gfs

gfs

It does not work on android!!!!