Search Unity

ZzZzZ UVPaint ( skinned mesh Decal+Texturing System) ZzZz

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iRobi, May 1, 2016.

1. iRobi

iRobi

Thank you so much! All updates happen by support of the buyers:)

julianr likes this.
  2. yc960

yc960

Does the asset support decal fading away? I mean if I have several bullet mark on my character, I want them to fade away from oldest to newest.

3. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! All decals are baked into the Diffuse map. For example you can use custom shader to fade decalled texture to original.

4. JackPerry

JackPerry

Hi, I recently purchased your UV paint decal tool off of the asset store. I was wondering if it would possible to get the source code as we would like to make some edits?

We would like to be able to write into other channels than just albedo, ie normal, rough and metallic.

5. Ezanal

Ezanal

Hello! Thanks for this wonderful tool.

Is there a way to get a texture of all painted spots without white background? (Only with full alpha background)

Because we need to use the decal in a separate layer, without affecting the original color of the mesh.

6. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! Thanx for you support! I have good news for you! This functional already done! And new Update awaiting approval by Asset Store))
    It may appear in the store at any time.
    Hi! Thanks a lot for you support! Did you try this on transparent materials?

julianr likes this.
  7. Ezanal

Ezanal

Hello,

No I have not. Im using Procedural Standard material (we are using this on cars to dynamically create decals and store them in the device).

8. iRobi

iRobi

Hmm, ok, i will try to solve it. And ill notify you, if there will be some news about it.

Ezanal likes this.
  9. punk

punk

@iRobi I'm interested in buying this, 2 questions before I do

1. Just wanted to double check UVPaint.Create - does runtime projection is this correct? if so how fast is it?
    2. If I purchase this can I get the source code? I will need to change it to work with my custom shaders

Cheers

10. iRobi

iRobi

Hi punk!
    1. Yes, it is runtime! My VGA 650 Ti, this plugin provide me 60 fps.
    2. If you just need to work with costom shaders, UVPaint in new Update already do it! (But Update awaiting approval by Asset Store, and can appear at any time!)

11. punk

punk

That's sounds great, but would I be able to get the code anyway? the game I'm making is highly optimized and I will likely remove any functionality I don't require, plus modify it for my specific needs, almost all the assets I've bought for run time use have been modified extensively

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  12. punk

punk

also does it generate any Garbage?

13. justtime

justtime

Very strange behaviour when hit the spot pointed by arrow

Regular state

14. iRobi

iRobi

Yes, please write me in p.m about it.
    No.
    UVPaint work with Unwrapped UV models such as Skinned mesh Models

15. punk

punk

sent you a pm

16. iRobi

iRobi

ok, you are welcome!

17. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Hello iRobi, Im interested in buying this asset, but first I have a few questions.

1- What is Unwrapped UV? How do I know my materials or my characters are that?
    2- Im using Daz3D genesis and Morph3D characters, will it work with those?
    3- I see it does runtime projection, it does that only at time of instantiation and then bake the decal into the material, or it does every frame?
    4- Have you provided support for Mac?
    5- Is there a way to fade out the applied decal to its original material?
    6- Can a script apply the decals in predefined positions and rotations?

Thank you

18. iRobi

iRobi

Hi Hazneliel!
    1. The usual character models has Unwraped UV, here is screen:

2. Of course!
    3. Yes, it bakes into the material.
    4. Hmm, its not tested, but i think, it would be work.
    5. Yes!
    6. Yes!
    If you have any questions, i will glad to ask!

19. Hazneliel

Hazneliel

Thank you, I will buy this asset, I will let you know if I need help with anything. Thanks

20. iRobi

iRobi

No problem! Thanks for your support!

21. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I have read over the past few pages and the store page and have a couple questions regarding a possible use case in one of our games. We want to create cannonball damage to certain parts of the ship (both wood and cloth) and we want to be able to not only change the diff (rgb) but also the opacity (a), spec/gloss, height, and norm maps to match the damage. Is that possible? Also, our plan is to use a 'bank' of possible damage decals that can be used to determine which one to apply at a certain location so that we can show differing kinds of damage (glancing shots, holes, balls stuck in the hull, etc). Is the system dynamic enough to allow for that kind of locational application (location and rotation)? Also, we are using UBER as our base shader, so it is closely based on the Unity channel grouping but can be a bit different sometimes.

22. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! Yes, it is possible! But be sure, that your model hasn't overlapping UV islands on each others on UV map for correct work!

23. chaneya

chaneya

iRobi,

I'm enjoying your asset and I have it working with sword hits on my character. I just downloaded the latest update which includes something called Fleximode which I believe allows you to define which texture you want to alter (Normal Map etc.) by calling UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName (Type string). I've seen a number of people in this forum ask for the ability to also alter the model's normal map so this is great!

In BrushPaint.cs, you call UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName("_BumpMap"); but I can't tell any difference when I press both the space bar and the left mouse. It's really confusing how to use this feature in your demo and your input options don't seem to make sense. Space and left mouse are typically mapped to the same input so I'm not even sure if this feature is working in your demo. Additionally most of your models are using legacy shaders so it's difficult to learn from your demo scenes.

Can you please provide some code examples of how to use the Fleximode option if I am using a character with Unity's Standard shader. The Albedo map is being altered by the decal. How do I get the Normal Map to be altered by a decal?
    I guess my biggest confusion is I don't understand what to put into the Type string section of ShaderPropertyName.

Thanks
    Allan

24. chaneya

chaneya

Ok calling UVPaint.ShaderPropertyName("_BumpMap") before UVPaint.Create does alter the Normal Map in Unity's Standard shader. But now the Albedo map is not being altered.

Does this mean I need to call UVPaint.Create for each texture I want to alter?

I'm confused about how to use the Fleximode feature.

Thanks
    Allan

25. iRobi

iRobi

All works fine, but Standart Shader seems not loving runtime assign Texture. If you assign in editor mode at least black or white texture to needed Property, at runtime it will work as must. Good luck :)

26. chaneya

chaneya

Robi,

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble understanding your English.

Do I need to call UVPint.Create for each texture I want to modify?

So if I want to modify the diffuse map, I need to call UVPaint.Create and then if I want to modify the Normal Map, I need to call UVPint.Create again?

This is a really great product but you could sure use some better demo scene to show off it's features.

Thanks.
    Allan

27. iRobi

iRobi

Sorry for my bad english:)
    Yes, of course!
    Full demos in plan, but later...

28. kloogens

kloogens

Anybody get this to work with UFPS? The muzzle flash is causing problems when I fire at something close up. If I keep firing that orange color on the right gets darker with each impact. If I fire at a greater distance it doesn't happen at all. SC2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  29. Ezanal

Ezanal

Hello!

Any news about this?

Thanks

Edit: You could just send me the source-code if its okay with you. I can figure it out by myself if its more convenient :>

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  30. kloogens

kloogens

I am having endless problems getting this to work the way I want.
    I'm getting really frustrated. I've spent 12 hours on this and still not working right.

No matter what I do it creates all these unwanted artifacts on the texture map. It happens completely inconsistently.The documentation is vague at best. It doesn't explain what the asset is doing or how it works. For example is it using another camera to do a texture projection? Does Ignore UV paint prevent something from receiving decals or does it prevent them from rendering in other decals? I get the example scene to work , I can alter the example scenes to adopt using ray casts instead of Rigid bodies for collision and they work. However it will not work in any of my projects. If i had a better idea of how this works I might have a chance at fixing it.

31. iRobi

iRobi

Do you use the last version of UVPaint?
    No(
    Write to me in p.m. please
    Can you please provide ScreenShots?

32. iRobi

iRobi

I had a little time, so documentation has been written in a haste.
    Yes, and Render Texture
    Ignore UVPaint componet prevent to applying decal to the Object

33. kloogens

kloogens

SC3.jpg SC4.jpg

I removed the muzzle flash from UFPS completely and still get this.

IgnoreUVPaint doesn't make sense to me. Since I'm controlling what does and does not get painted why would I need that?

So you're using a camera to rendertotexture?
    If so could this be an issue with objects between the camera and target?

I have the latest version of Unity and UV Paint.

34. iRobi

iRobi

no, it is impossible, because UVPaint use layers.
    Is this Unwrapped UV model?

35. kloogens

kloogens

Yeah they're mapped.
    What layers does the camera use?

36. iRobi

iRobi

UV islands are note Overlapping by each other?

37. kloogens

kloogens

Okay I think we're on to something here. I'm already using those layers.
    Layer 29 is for particles I use for bullet impacts, explosions etc.
    Could that cause a problem? I'd think so.

38. Griffo

Griffo

@iRobi Hi,

I've got a problem, I'm using Unity 5.5.0b10 and Xcode 8.1

Now when I build my game Xcode gives lots of errors and won't build, all errors coming from Bulk_iRobi_0.cpp

But there is a bug in Unity 5.5.0b10 not allowing me to view the asset store tab, I've reported this HERE so I can not update UV Paint, I think I'm still on v1.1a

What I'd like to ask is if I can find my invoice and PM you could you send me the latest build please, I can send you the Xcode error log if you want to see it.

Thanks.

[EDIT] Sent you a email.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    scionious likes this.
  39. iRobi

iRobi

Can you share the part of your project? Or send me to the mail: ganthales_78@mail.ru
    I will try to fix this problems, and did you use the oldest version of UVPaint? Or only newest?

Hi, Does it happened before Update?

40. kloogens

kloogens

Unfortunately the project is too big. I changed the layers around , now 29,30,31 are blank , that seemed to fix it.
    I'v only used the newest version. I bet if you created a project with a cube on layers 29,30,or 31 , and place that cube near where the SpotPoint should be, you'll get artifacts.

41. iRobi

iRobi

The plugin is not intended to use for repeated UV. UVPaint based by backing decals into for example Diffuse Texture of the Character.
    I will fix it, to avoit layers conflict.

42. kloogens

kloogens

Excellent. Just friendly advice. Add those layer requirements in the documentation. Also I'd mention the need to have UVmapped objects.
    I get it, as a developer, documentation sucks, but it will save you tons of time answering the same questions over and over. Just saying. Thanks for the help.

43. iRobi

iRobi

i agree with you, the documentation appeared only it the latest version of the UVPaint, and have more missed info, but i will improve it with each update

44. Griffo

Griffo

I didn't happen in Unity 5.5.0b7 and Xcode 7.

Not used UV Paint for a while, but was going to use it soon.

45. iRobi

iRobi

I will send you the clean dll! Check your email please!

Griffo likes this.
  46. Griffo

Griffo

@iRobi

Thank you for the fast fix, all working now, I can build again ..

47. Griffo

Griffo

@iRobi

Hi, just opened a new project an imported the latest Version 1.5e and this is what I get when shooting.

Any idea why this is happening ?

Thanks.

Unity 5.5.0b10

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 15.47.46.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 15.58.22.png Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 15.47.46.png

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  48. iRobi

iRobi

Hi! I m so sorry of this happening.
    Any Errors?

49. Griffo

Griffo

No errors, yellow or red.

I've also tried Unity standard shader

50. iRobi

iRobi

Do this work on oldest versions of Unity?