Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

ZzZzZ UVPaint ( skinned mesh Decal+Texturing System) ZzZz

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iRobi, May 1, 2016.

1. chiblue3D

chiblue3D

So I spent the last 2 days trying to get this to work (unity 2018), firstly, let em say the concept is very cool and was very exited to implement in my project however problems I have found are...

I Cannot get it to work unless I use legacy shaders, and even then using a FPS weapon with multiple raycast origins, like a shotgun runs inot all kinds of issues on the positioning of the decal on the texture.
    2. When using the standard shader my material messes up using both options on the shared material instance.. I have a wall that is made up of several copies of the same mesh using standard shader, the material loses is Albedo texture..
    3. All my scenes are built using the latest shaders, not legacy so seriously represents an issue to implement this tool in my project.
    4. Support appears to have disappeared.

Wothanar likes this.
  2. h00man

h00man

hi,
    im using gameObject bullets with rigidbody and collider and i use onCollisionEnter method. i wanted to know if there is any way to instantiate UV paint decal in the point of collison(i use ragdoll for my enemies and i want to paint some blood splash on their body)?
    how can i write that in my OnCollisionEnter script?

3. wechat_os_Qy0_X1ITy6VrZHYPJFd58JGlA

wechat_os_Qy0_X1ITy6VrZHYPJFd58JGlA

hello iRobi, I want splash bloods on my terrain. From your description of UVPaint, it said it is a UV Map Painter, Can I paint bloods on terrain with it?

4. MaeL0000

MaeL0000

Is it possible to get the decals to wrap around the mesh instead of just projecting onto the visible mesh surface? I'm trying to achieve something like this:

5. Gua

Gua

Is this package appropriate for runtime decals on static meshes, like blood from enemy on terrain or this is an overkill for my needs and I should use some other solution for static meshes to get better performance?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  6. Gua

Gua

Yeah. I would love to see Playmaker actions for it.

7. shahzaib

shahzaib

@iRobiM

Is it compatible with Photon for multiplayer games?

8. Bogat

Bogat

Hello! Help me please!
    UVPaint.FIX (Renderer REN, string PathToSaveImage);
    How to save and load textures?
    I already do not sleep because of this!

9. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, I'm curious about wrapped decal around arm and the terrain decals. Is this being supported? It seems like the support is pretty much dead. Hm...

10. Wothanar

Wothanar

////////

2. When using the standard shader my material messes up using both options on the shared material instance.. I have a wall that is made up of several copies of the same mesh using standard shader, the material loses is Albedo texture..

Have the same problem and every time i stop the testing my materials lose his albedo texture and well its kind frustrating to even test this , any new about this? so we cant use standard material? help please! thanks for plugin nice work

11. NerubianWeaver

NerubianWeaver

There seems to be an issue when you call UVPaint.Create() right after calling UVPaint.SaveStateForRestore().
    The brush size doesn't work when you do this. Comment out SaveStateForRestore and the brush size works again.
    I'm using this on Android by the way (Oculus Quest).

The workaround I'm currently using is to use a co-routine and do a "yield return null" between the two to wait one frame
    before doing the Create().

I'm using this to create a very rudimentary one-step-back undo system for placing decals.
    Is there perhaps a better way to create an undo system for placing decals?

12. bono222

bono222

hi everyone i have question about asset uvpaint.

I made movie showing my problem

on the movie from the link you can see two objects first is static object (orange) and second object nearlier imitation dirties. when i`m painting on dirties obj i can clean to 20%30 i can see white stains(white layer).

Can you write me how i can clean to 100% this painting. I’m using Legacy transparent/Diffuse unfortunately I cant use Cutout material because i have to little transparency on the start

link to the movie

13. Danirey

Danirey

Hi,

I'm starting to use this asset with 2019.2.11f1 and i get all the object black when painting. Even with the example scene. Did i miss any previous setup?

Thanks for the help.

14. Danirey

Danirey

It looks like it is changing the specular/smoothness of the whole object too.
    Tried only painting to _MainTex property. Same effect.

Any idea?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 9:54 PM
  15. cr4y

cr4y

Yeah, the sample scene seems to not work with the current Unity version anymore.

16. Danirey

Danirey

It is a shame because this is a cool system. Anyone have contact with the dev?
    I hate when a good asset dies slowly with each unity update. I understand developers can’t maintain all the time the pace of unity updates, but is a shame when we are in front a good asset. I’ve seen this before a lot of times. Whit ocean packages, really good ones, and they die after 4 or 5 updates. Really Sad. It should make us, in my opinion, to think twice before spending money.