Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

zombie toys question

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by AndyCobb, Dec 7, 2016.

1. AndyCobb

AndyCobb

Hello, I'm very new to Unity, trying to get started on my certification course.

Between Chapter 02:01 and Chapter 02:02, I'm clearly missing something. at the end of Chapter 2:01 (Analyzing the Unity Editor UI) the Scene window is empty, although we've loaded assets for zombie toys into the Project window back in chapter one. In Chapter 02:02, the scene/game windows are full of the zombie toys game, with the assets visible and playable.

Noob question, I know: how does this happen? I've got the ZT assets loaded and visible in the project window, but the game itself remains invisible and unplayable, the scene and game windows are still the barren, empty horizon line as when originally loading up unity, before getting any assets from the asset store. How do I catch up with the courseware, where in Chapter 02:02 the game is fully loaded into the scene/game windows and visible in the hierarchy!

Help! And thank you.

jjrice2233 and jovalent like this.
  2. smacbride

smacbride

Locate the scene in the project window and double click on it to load the scene into the editor. If the scene is loaded and you can't see anything, pick an object in the scene and double click on that to bring it into focus.

jjrice2233 likes this.
  3. DangerDon

DangerDon

That's not it; the required scene file (Main.unity) is missing for "Chapter 01 - 03 / Zombie Toys." In fact, the Main.unity file is missing from all the early chapters. You'll find it in "Chapter 07 / Zombie Toys" and all of the packages after that.
    No, I don't know why there's no scene file; you can't do much without one.

jjrice2233 and jovalent like this.
  4. ibyte

ibyte

I just noticed this as well. Seems odd that in the editor windows explanation series they refer to a fully loaded scene but there is none to be found. This should have been fixed long ago.

jjrice2233 likes this.
  5. ktyan

ktyan

Unity Technologies

Hi, everyone,

Apologies for the belated response! As a note, the Main.unity scene is "missing" from the package files in the first few chapters, as the learner starts learning how to build it in chapter 6. In the preceding chapters, scratch scenes are used and referenced in the videos.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

jjrice2233 likes this.
  6. NinjaOfLight

NinjaOfLight

I'm sorry, but this seems like a terrible design for the official unity certification courseware. The video in the courseware should be understandable and possible to follow for newcomers, but I found myself stuck for a while until I found this forum by luck. Can this be addressed and fixed soon, please? Because as of right now, it still is not.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    jjrice2233 and writetoleopaul like this.
  7. tomaszbednarz

tomaszbednarz

still not fixed, bravo Unity :)

jjrice2233 likes this.
  8. Momissimo

Momissimo

Still not fixed

9. CinziaMQ

CinziaMQ

Hi, I've just started the Certified Associate Course. I started last month and all went well with chapter one. I've reopened Unity and tried to start Chapter two. There was an update and I downloaded and installed it. Now all Zombie Toys assets have disappeared. If I tried to import them I get this message: 'Platform MacStandaloneSupport does not support graphics device type'. What am I doing wrong? Any advice? I'm really stuck.
    Thank you!