Search Unity

[Zios] Editor Theme Support

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Brad-Smithee, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

The last time @Brad-Smithee visited the Unity forums was in Nov 2018 and the Zios github repository hasn't been updated for 2 years.

Unity 2019.3 has the long awaited UI overhaul, expect Zios to fall apart even further with newer Unity releases, I guess.

SugoiDev likes this.
  2. starfoxy

starfoxy

Fair enough. I am really loving the new UI in 2019.3 anyhow.

3. Servail

Servail

It was the only ability to get the true minimal (plain) dark (black) UI (which is the only true pro setup, fyi), so... R.I.P Zios project. Just in case. F

4. Maxb0tbeep

Maxb0tbeep

Its great, well I love it, but, I only use 2018.4 and newer, I heard theres a way to make it work in newer versions, HOW???????????

5. skypickle

skypickle

new to unity.just installed 2018.4
    cant stand the light gray.
    how do i get zios themes?
    not in the asset store here https://assetstore.unity.com/

6. C_p_H

C_p_H

7. skypickle

skypickle

Thank you. I placed the extracted folder '@Themes' inside this folder
    C:\Users\Stefan\MyFirstGame\Assets
    Then I started the editor (Unity 2018.4.13f1).
    It gave a warning about the use of an old API, went through a bunch of progress bars 'compiling scripts'.
    The unity editor opened, the Themes section in preferences was empty, the main menubar of the unity editor was rapidly flickering.

8. skypickle

skypickle

also tried removing the '@' before themes, no difference. Reading through this thread, I realized that the author has not updated this package for some time.

9. davidnibi

davidnibi

Yes, same here. Nothing in themes and flickering of menubar.

The repeating fatal error in console 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Zios.Interface.ThemeWindow.ShowWindow ()' is trying to refer to something that maybe doesn't exist in Unity anymore, so I'd guess this no longer works on versions released after 2018.

10. Brad-Smithee

Brad-Smithee

The later versions of Unity radically altered several internal fields and handlings -- breaking Zios Themes. I can likely repair this, but I was told by several users that Unity 2019 essentially had native support for UI customization/theming. Is this accurate or should I investigate making fixes/updates to the system?

Edit : Also, Unity forums apparently stopped sending me update notifications to this thread. Last email I received was January 2019.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Novack likes this.
  11. Brad-Smithee

Brad-Smithee

Difficult to really tell what kind of progress exists in that thread, but some of the approaches discussed are things I have systems already in place for. I did not see any publicly available files (besides some uss scraps), but things seemed to indicate that someone was working on something and that the *next* Unity might offer more.

I'll leave it up to users. Does anyone feel it necessary for me to update/maintain Zios Themes?

12. ThisGuyThatsHere

ThisGuyThatsHere

So I've been lurking here from time to time (since the plugin broke) and If that's an option, I would appreciate it! New flat UI is good, but neither of available color palettes (well, just two of them...) really fits my liking.

Alternatively now that I've remembered about it again I will try to get something working myself, but I didn't succeed so far...

13. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

dozhwal, FabioMen10, Novack and 3 others like this.
  14. piti5

piti5

Hello :) I know this is an old post, and I made some custom unity theme editor works on Unity 2019.4+. If you're interested in, take a look at it and much appreciated for your feedback!

https://github.com/piti6/UniSkin

nice2000, Servail and Ruchir like this.
  15. Servail

Servail

Excellent! I managed to set a black background for most of the elements (others kind of didn't work or not presented for now) - almost got rid of "dark theme" eyestrain & visual trash! It overwrites some elements tho, like small dropdown icons etc. Unified styles and font change ability would be great!
    upload_2021-2-24_20-43-17.png