Search Unity

Zbrush together with 3D-Coat

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Venged, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Venged

Venged

I just recently got interested in sculpting my own models. I bought 3D Coat and like it most for retopo work. At least that is what stood out most at first, I am tempted to buy Zbrush to used along with 3D Coat in my workflow.

Would it be overkill to have both? Do any of you use both in your workflow. if so how so?

Thanks

Robert

2. nipoco

nipoco

No that wouldn't be a overkill, since both apps have their own advantages and I think they complement each other quite good.
    The sculpting tools in Zbrush are the best you can get (despite the horrid Interface). But 3d Coat has a great retopo tool and one of the best texture painting tools.

3. Venged

Venged

@nipoco Thanks! I think I am going to do it this week.

How steep would you say the Zbrush interface learning curve is?

4. nipoco

nipoco

Quite steep if you ask me. But eventually it is worth to learn. Once you grasp their system you will work really efficient, creating sculpt after sculpt.

Too bad that they don't offer a trial anymore. So you could give it a try first.

5. Venged

Venged

Yes I agree. I'm gonna dedicate a week to just Zbrush after I get it. I remember how hard blender seemed but now I'm getting around it after a full immersion for a week.