Search Unity

Zbrush confusion

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by TheCowMan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. TheCowMan

TheCowMan

Being new to zrbush is hard..
    Anyways, I saved my zbrush project, and when i came back to it later, Im all confused. When I left, i had the gun I was working on selected, when i came back, It isn't. I cant go into edit mode (T) and I cant rotate it, etc. how do i select the model I was working on?

2. jeffro11

jeffro11

You should ask this on the Zbrush forums not here... However. What you need to do is save a tool (your object), not the project. Then place the "tool" into the canvas then go back into edit mode.

3. TheCowMan

TheCowMan

So if i already saved my object, and closed out I can't continue working on it? And sorry, I saw external tools and the unity forums is so responsive :D

4. jeffro11

jeffro11

Unless they changed it, saving the document only produces a 2D image of your model and you'll be unable to edit it again (it saves the pixols). Where as saving the tool will allow you to do this. I haven't used the latest version but that's what it was like in previous versions and it annoyed me to no end losing work all the time when I first started.

5. TheCowMan

TheCowMan

Alright, Thank you! This sucks though. Ahh well, you learn from your mistakes

6. larvantholos

larvantholos

Zbrush comes with some good help documents for this too - and they have some videos that go over things like this on their website - take some time to watch them, will save you hours of head scratching.

7. makan

makan

oh you might save it as a new document you should save your file on tool file