Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Yugioh/Card Game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Neyox, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Neyox

Neyox

Hey guys, i'm planning on making an online free to play multi-player 3D yugioh game. You'll be able to play as your favorite yugioh character and so on. I have most of the game mechanics planned out. I just don't know how to put it together. So far i have a simple display of the game but i dont know how to make it function. What i'm really trying to say is, I need help scripting things for card games. or just any help or information for card games.

All comments are most welcome. If you're willing to help, please do so.
    And if you're willing to join me in my project then, hell, that'll be even better. :D

Here's an image to the simple Display of the game.

http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/13/98/73/49/yugioh11.jpg

Abarangandi likes this.
  2. Neyox

Neyox

I tried posting this in collaboration but it acted like it didn't work.

3. XGundam05

XGundam05

Well, there are a couple of things here:
    1) There is a decent amount of info regarding TCG/CCG programming out there. Especially since cards are just data (it's the systems that actually do something with that data).
    2) And this is the biggie. You're looking to develop a game for an existing IP, probably using existing art. Which is a violation of IP, Copyright, and Trademark law. Doesn't matter that it's free. At the very least, you can get served a Cease and Desist order.

As for TCG programming in general? You'll want to definitely look up a good shuffle algorithm (Fisher-Yates is a good one) and think about how your data structures are going to need to work. What sort of classes of effects will there be, how does damage work, etc. From there, create the card data structure and then build the systems that operate on each class of effect, etc.

Stobros1 likes this.
  4. crossdaboss8

crossdaboss8

i would like 2 help if u are still working on the project

5. Abarangandi

Abarangandi

I can help too, please still be working on it

6. Stobros1

Stobros1

I am new here, and I'm also wanting to make a CCG that has some Yu-Gi-Oh! rules such as having max 5 units on your field, and cards having ATK and DEF powers. Can anyone here help me out as well?

7. Stobros1

Stobros1

My project may be using rulings akin to copyrighted card games, but I make original characters inspired from super robot franchises without ever infringing copyrights.