Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Your repository is locked. Contact the repository's owner.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by valhun, Jun 4, 2017.

1. valhun

valhun

I keep getting this message "Your repository is locked. Contact the repository's owner" when I try to publish. My classmates that are working on the project with me are also getting the same message. Does anyone know why? In the console it says "[Collab] Archiving is currently in progress".

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @valhun! It sounds like someone tried to archive part of your project. Archive operations should only last a few minutes and unarchive operations can take up to 6 hours. If either of those operations seem to take longer than expected than you can contact Collab Support to have them unblock you. You can open a Support ticket by going to the Support tab of the Collaborate section in your project on http://developer.cloud.unity3d.com

3. Rachan

Rachan

I have this issue too I don't know how to fix

4. Werasilz

Werasilz

I have the same problem too, for me it show "Your repository is locked." for my friend it show "cannot get diff between revision"

Rachan likes this.
  5. Rachan

Rachan

Yes, my collaborate is cannot useable at all
    I cannot publish new changed or update any log
    I don't know why..

6. Rachan

Rachan

I don't know why my project just start archive I'm working on it alone and use Collaborate to backup my stuff
    I really want to make it back to work!

7. AnxietyBerry

AnxietyBerry

Wanted to give a current update to anyone going through this error in 2022. "Your repository is locked. Contact the repository's owner"

Unity recently transitioned to Plastic SCM instead of Collaborate. You may have to upgrade your collaborate in settings to Plastic SCM to get rid of this error. This resolved it for me. Good luck.

Zoopie and Kinisezu like this.
  8. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone!

If you're running into the Repository Locked error, please check if your organization has been migrated to Plastic SCM.

If it has been and you're on one of the supported versions, please click on 'Migrate' button on the migration popup that you see when opening the project. If you are on the supported version and you don't get the popup - please submit the support ticket either with Collaborate or Plastic SCM team.

If you're on unsupported Unity version, you can either upgrade the project to the supported Unity version (Unity LTS) and continue with the Plastic SCM for Unity plugin or download Plastic SCM client from here (Cloud Edition), install it and log in with your Unity ID account. After this, you'd be able to find your project in 'Repositories' from the left side menu. When you find it, you right-click on it -> Crate workspace for this repository. In a new popup, you'd need to choose a local folder where you want your repository to be downloaded and, after you create a local folder, you'll see a green button in the top-right corner offering you to update. After you click on it, you'll get your project's files to this local folder downloaded from Plastic SCM and will be ready to continue working.

If your organization hasn't been migrated to Plastic SCM yet, it might be the issue when your project is archived to Collaborate service. Please navigate to the Dashboard -> DevOps -> Collaborate -> Storage and click 'Unarchive'. If this is not the case - please submit the support ticket with us and we'll investigate this further.

[UPDATED]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    HBAQQAL, Kinisezu and Guambo1 like this.
  9. jvetulani

jvetulani

Hi

It seems our project was migrated without any warning and collaborate stopped working. Is it possible to reverse this and keep using collaborate?

possupozzu likes this.
  10. DathranEU9

DathranEU9

Having the same issue as above - we didn't archive our project and now I can't submit changes? Why does Unity keep doing this?

"Organization has been migrated to Plastic SCM and the project has been archived"

No, it has not.

11. vignesh211

vignesh211

I upgraded my Collaborate to the latest version. Then unity showed a popout saying migrate. After choosing migrate my problem is resolved

12. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

I'm afraid it's impossible to come back to Collaborate as it's being sunsetted.

13. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

If the project has been migrated to Plastic SCM, the project has been archived for Collaborate service. So if this case you'd need to finalize the migration and you'll be able to continue with Plastic SCM.

14. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

I just wanted to say - I'm very sorry to hear all of your troubles and I hope we can assist you either here or via support tickets.

My apologies for all the inconveniences this all is causing!

15. uaigolem

uaigolem

i solved it by go in unity go edit -> project setting -> collaborate, then connect to any project and update it to the lastest version. After that reset Unity and the plastic SCM will appear for you to Migrate, after migrate it should be good

garethdenyer likes this.
  16. garethdenyer

garethdenyer

Thanks for this! You saved the day.
    Worth noting too that in order to see Plastic SCM you need to choose Window > Plastic SCM and then dock this to where you used to put Collaborate

17. Lz_Yahya

Lz_Yahya

If you find that Plastic SCM not clickable try to turn OFF Collaborate from edit -> project setting -> services -> collaborate

Kinisezu likes this.
  18. QuilloGames

QuilloGames

Any schedule about when would 2019.4.6f1 LTS be supported?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  19. Elharter

Elharter

I had the same error, because of an old unity version. Ive used Unity 2019.4.17, upgraded to 2019.4.36f1 and get instantly the migration popup window after the project was reopened.... Then i had to press "refresh access" to refresh the permissions obviously. Ater that the "Check changing progress bar appeared..."

After that i saw this console messages:
    upload_2022-2-22_7-6-13.png

I just restarted unity a 2nd time and it worked:

Now the migration process started now:
    upload_2022-2-22_7-12-41.png
    but failed again with a path error message:
    upload_2022-2-22_7-19-41.png

After 15minutes searching for the log file i found out that the plugin need an update, which i installed:
    upload_2022-2-22_7-21-39.png

The path error still exists. Anoying.

Lets search the log files for PlasticScm again.
    Unity manual gives me this: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.14/manual/StartPlasticForUnity.html

The written path there is wrong.

Accessing the plastic scm window like here described: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.14/manual/ExistingPlasticRepo.html , isnt possible because the menue entry is greyed out.

Searching for "log" in the search field gave 0 results.

So, because of no more good ideas - i switched the "Collaborate" Switch in Unity off.
    Interestingly, the cloud-button changed surprisingly to "Plastic SCM".

upload_2022-2-22_7-34-2.png

So, because im stucked ive created a new workspace as a push/pull workspace and added all files to push it for the first initial push.

And still not working.
    Okay, lets backup the project before continuing. I report again.

20. Elharter

Elharter

And the bugs are still ongoing..... moved to my home-pc to try to PlasticSCM integration there.
    Updated to the latest Unity 2019 as on my other pc.

Opened PlastiSCM and tried to login with unity id
    I've tried to sign in with unityID (as yesterday) and received "this web service has stopped".

By trying "sign in with email" I got:
    The remote server returned: Site disabled. 403

Is truly annoying!

21. srtonych

srtonych

Same problem and I try to login to PlastiSCM and it says "this web service has stopped". I just wanted to keep using the collaborate

22. zihaom

zihaom

wait, I m using unity 2018 and my project wont work with higher versions... does it mean that I have to update in order to use scm?

23. zihaom

zihaom

also with my extra storage sub for collab be refunded?

24. gvela13

gvela13

and how do you upgrade to plastic scm?

25. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You can upgrade in order to use the Plastic plugin for Unity. If you cannot upgrade your project, you can continue by using the Plastic SCM client. Please let me know if you need further guidance on how to get started with the client.

26. Bluie

Bluie

Hi,

I have updated to plastic SCM and the project is working until it should connect to my laptop.
    I get "You dont have sufficent permissions to enable/disable Analytics service",
    "You dont have sufficent permissions to enable/disable Ads service"
    "You dont have sufficent permissions to enable/disable Collaborate service"
    So I cant connect with this laptop computer to plastic.

No buttons in this window is working, updated version control from package manager. 2020.3.25.f1
    So now I am thinking to scrap all the project and get models and scriptfiles as text on a stick, my own home made USB-SCM for unity.

27. Omniaffix-Dave

Omniaffix-Dave

This has been a headache. I am not sure how the project got switched to Plastic SCM, but since we have had horrible hangs on "projectbrowser.ongui.repaint" and mousedown. Tried to switch back but I see that's no longer possible.

28. tommox86

tommox86

what a joke i cannot back up my project. have to open my prject in safe mode because colab namespaces cannot be found. remove collab works fine but cannot install garbage scm without installing that.

29. Adlucas97

Adlucas97

Hi, having a similar issue, my partner and I migrated to Plastic SCM, but it made more problems than giving any solution, I'm the project owner and is almost imposible to upload changes, and at my friend's pc the project stop working efficiently since the migration, it took more than 10 min to fail to open the project more than once and when it openned, whenever he wanted to test the game Unity crashed, when he switched off Plastic SCM all problems dissapeared, but now we can't sync our work, any idea how to solve this?

30. LilGames

LilGames

31. Sam_Space

Sam_Space

I noticed yesterday that collab would not let me upload a new push update to the project. There is a yellow bar that stops me from uploading a new push and it says something like "Your repository is locked. Contact repository owner". I tried to turn off collab in the services tab. Afterwards I went to the project settings> editor> and version control- to which I found that I can switch to plastic. Is switching to plastic safe? Is there anything I ought to know or prepare the project for before switching this? Is collab being phased out?

32. LilGames

LilGames

Apparently you aren't receiving emails about Plastic SCM. Everyone was migrated over to it. Look it up. Lots of info out there.