Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Your QA team is awful

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kas_, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Kas_

Kas_

I have submitted dozens of legit unity3d editor bugs and your QA team marks them all as "Not Qualified". I have been using unity3d for around 8 uears now... a lot of these bugs have been around forever. Your QA team has no idea what they are doing.

2. mgear

mgear

usually there is some comment before issue is closed as non qualified.. what reason did you get?

3. Kas_

Kas_

No reason was given, i just get that email on all my valid editor issues that just say not qualified. There are so many bugs with the editor that are major issues.

4. mgear

mgear

if you click that check report status and login there, still no extra info?

the not qualified email doesnt always seem to contain previous message. (but there should had been email before, if there are comments)

5. ippdev

ippdev

Inform us of what they did not consider bugz and you did. Currently, though many may agree with you, until the specifics are known it looks like some spittle flying about.

6. sonolil

sonolil

I understand the frustration (really) but this is honestly just 100% rant. It'd be nice if you can provide the specific description of your issues and some kind of proof whether they were really just marking your questions unqualified without any valid reason. The more detailed you are the more you'll be able to get the responses you need. And it helps us too.

7. Kas_

Kas_

Scene camera - From general editor use the scene camera will become a skew after a random amount of time, which forces the user to reset the scene tab or reset the camera.

Terrain - When painting details from one terrain onto the other sometimes the terrain details are duplicated multiple times in the terrain editor edit details window. For example you have created a grass detail texture and paint from one terrain to the other, that single texture can turn into multiple different detail objects for the same object. Sometimes they also display as missing when they are not missing. This appears on both the current terrain and other terrains randomly during the detail painting process. Same issue can occur for texture painting as well.

Scene - Sometimes when duplicating a object in the Heirarcy causes the movement gizmo to be stuck on the previous object position, the gizmo will remain on the previous object until the gizmo is rotated, at that point the gizmo will jump to the actual current selected object. I have seen this issue hundred of times.

Terrain Editor - Adjusting the width of the editor window for editing terrain can cause a infinite divide by zero error, this error will not go away until adjusting the terrain editor window to the correct width or resetting the editor layout.

sonolil likes this.
  8. Kas_

Kas_

Terrain painting - Grass on the terrain can appear with a white outline. This is a major issue that seems to be caused by alpha layer. If you do not have all your textures perfectly set to the correct settings both in the editor and in the image file will see grass with white outlines and missing grass / other missing detailed objects from the terrain. Marking the grass as transparent and fixing the alpha layers on the texture will not fix this issue. You need to disable the mipmap for every single terrain texture you have, even if the terrain grass is on a different terrain, all the grass textures will be effected.

Terrain - Contant DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero. From general terrain use. Not the other terrain editor window size issue.

Scene - Parent and child nodes will display the move gizmo selection in the wrong location if there is a child object attached to it. If the child objects are removed the parent object will display the correct gizmo location. So if I am creating a character that has a bunch of child objects attached the gizmo for selecting my character will not be center to my character where it should be, it will be offset.

Editor - Selecting empty gameobjects in the scene view that have a 3d icon set will sometimes select the completly wrong object in the scene view, it will cause an object that is accross the scene to be selected instead of the actual object that was selected. This seems to only happen for empty gameobjects with 3d icons set when clicking the 3d icon.

sonolil likes this.
  9. mgear

mgear

so i'd guess you still get "not reproduced" replies to at least some of those?

i've never had skewed scene cam,
    are you sure there is not editor plugin that does something with scene camera?

> Scene - Parent and child nodes will display the move gizmo selection in the wrong location if there is a child object attached to it

I guess since you have used unity for that long, this is not due to pivot vs center mode toggle?
    but should be easy to reproduce / test if you can share how it happens or with specific model?

10. DevDunk

DevDunk

I also don't have the best experiences with QA.
    Many issues are in review for a really long time, even while they already confirmed the issue by rewriting my bug report with 'reproducable in', etc.
    Example with huge in review time: IN-31852

Next to that they do not read any further replies (I think) after the issue is confirmed or when it's in review, even if the info is really important to finding a solution.
    Example: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...rking-when-used-on-android-with-ar-foundation
    Report: IN-30157

They also do not test performance properly. When testing openXR vs OculusXR, they said the issue is only in 2023.1, as there was an fps difference there. In 2021.3 both runtimes had 72 (hardware vsynced), so they concluded there is no issue there. Im reality 1 runtime had 4-10% more GPU usage, which definitely is not optimal and is an issue.
    I made a post about this before the issue was public, and made a reply on the issue tracker, without answer/change. My original report had gpu and cpu usage included, so it's annoying it was removed.
    Issue: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-has-worse-performance-than-openxr-when-built
    Report: IN-33613