Search Unity

Your Experience with Optimizing & Feedback in Unity - University Project - Would it Work?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BEAMS_redtop, Oct 23, 2018.

1. BEAMS_redtop

BEAMS_redtop

Hi guys, I’m working on a project for my university class, and it is related to Unity. My student team wants to create a software package to help indie developers identify the under-performing parts of their game and to help suggest improvements to optimize the runtime performance of the game. I wanted to ask you all a couple questions about the projects you have been working on:
    1. How would you classify your game? ( 2D game on mobile / 3D game on PC / 2D game on PC&console / 3D game on PC&console )
    2. What has been your general experience with using the common diagnosing tools in Unity such as Memory Profiler, Rendering Profiler, etc.? When your game has slowdowns, do you have an easy time finding out what is the cause of the slowdown (eg. scripts, textures, meshes, etc.)?
    3. Are you satisfied with the tools that are currently available to Unity developers to diagnose the causes of slowdowns? If you aren’t satisfied, what is it that you find lacking?
    I’m looking forward to reading any responses you submit; thank you for your time!