Search Unity

Your bug or mine?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dan, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dan

dan

Um, the two sub-view cameras are in the wrong place in my widget with the new player. Is this a fix of a bug or a new one? It's like the vertical got flipped or something.

EDIT: I haven't changed anything with the project and it looks okay in the preview window.

EDIT AGAIN: and it looks fine when I go to full screen too...

Attached Files:

2. klindeman

klindeman

:eek:

Thats an odd bug.

3. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

I've made David H aware of an apparent bug that has me on the verge of a small breakdown, actually. Mashed my own widget all to pieces when I tried to play another entry and it seemed to start downloading the player again but I'm OK too in full-screen mode. I have to go to sleep now and hope this is all a bad dream. :cry:

PS. For those curious, mine now looks like this ...

Attached Files:

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Actually, it's not only Banana Warehouse, David/Joe/Nich, it's all the widgets. here's what Sol System Defender and Tower Guard look like ... but full screen still works fine ...

Attached Files:

5. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Sol System is this one... so not a bad dream. Off to work now all mopey and ticked off :?

Attached Files:

6. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

I have found the fix for this one. It was that my GeForce FX Go5200 64MB video card was set to drive my laptop at only thousands of colours (16-bit) and not 24-bit millions of colours. Once set to millions, everything, and everyone's widgets are fine.

Posted (with some embarrasment) in case anyone else has similiar problems and is looking for the solution.

7. hsparra

hsparra

I have the same issue as dan. I also see the black rectangles in the upper left and upper right corners where the other views should be located.

Another issue, I switched to full screen to play SpaceDock, at the end after I lost I pressed the escape key. The widget quit, but I was stuck with all my windows shrunk, similar to Expose. I could not get out. I could navigate one of the finder windows, but could not select any windows with the mouse, or command-tab. Relaunching the Finder brought it back to full size, but with the spinning cursor of death. Did hard reboot, and windows were back to normal. However, if running a Unity widget, I am unable to go full screen (the toggle icon is not present). Threw away the Unity plug-in so it would reload, but still unable to go full screen.

8. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

We're working on fixing this... we usually take better time with releases but must admit it went a tad fast because of the voting. Bad call.

d.

9. hsparra

hsparra

No problem with that. It has only happened once, so far :)

10. dan

dan

The black rectangles are supposed to be there. They're slightly bigger than the camera views and gave them a nice little outline. So that's one less problem hopefully :D

11. hsparra

hsparra

Just for my info, are the rectangles on the same layer as the smaller camera views?

12. dan

dan

Yes, they are both on the same layer.

(I think I mistakenly told you that I set up the cameras on different layers. They are actually on the same layer, but the subviews have a depth of 1, while the main view has a depth of 0.)