Search Unity

Question Your app includes non compliant SDK version

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by modernator24, Jun 30, 2022.

1. FeliceCasa

FeliceCasa

I tried again and and this time the update was not rejected. By doing the following things:
    1. Introducing the latest version of the Unity Ads SDK, even if we don't use it.
    2. Uploaded new version to all tracks.
    3. Uploaded new version to google play app bundle explorer after old version was officially rejected by Google Play. As we know, update was not officially rejected by google play console until a few hours after receiving the email in developer email adress. We have tried to upload the version B to app bundle explorer as soon as we received the email with a rejection message about version A, a few hours later we received officially rejection message from google play console about version A, then we pushed the version B to all tracks, in about 3 minutes we received an email that reported that our version B was rejected. It seems that google had marked the version B when version A is rejected, even if it wasn't push to any tracks.

Jmonroe likes this.
  2. coldev2

coldev2

playstore com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads error:

1. remove old play-services-ads .aar files
    in Assets\Plugins\Android folder to evitate duplicate errors

2. copy in Assets\Plugins\Android folder the following .aar files
    https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.android.gms/play-services-ads
    play-services-ads-22.2.0.aar

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-android/releases
    unity-ads.aar

3. build your apk

:)

more information:
    https://developers.google.com/ad-manager/mobile-ads-sdk/android/mediation/unity

3. Lancelot7

Lancelot7

I had this problem after updating my app. But a few days ago they had accepted 2 updates for me. I clarify that I have sdk 4.4.2. I looked for all the dependencies of the "obsolete" sdk and found nothing... I reviewed my change history of my project and found 2 lines of code that I had implemented 1 day before the fateful error and I deleted them.
    It turns out that there were 2 lines that opened a URL address. Applicaton.OpenLink... and according to everything I read trying to solve the problem, at the time of including these lines, the device data is being purchased and that must be declared in the security and data configurations of the console section. Google.
    Once this was done my app was accepted.
    So my concussions are:
    1: declare if information and data are collected in the sections where they ask us to do so in the Google console.
    2: review all dependencies related to the unity sdk and remove obsolete ones.
    3.(if it still doesn't work) eliminate lines of code that open web addresses.

4. Steven-1

Steven-1

I made an android game that I put on the Play Store years ago, and I haven't touched it in over 3 years. Now recently I found it has been removed from the play store by google for "using the Unity SDK", which is the same (or atleast a similar issue) as stated here.
    Their exact words:

"Issue with your app
    Your app is using the Unity SDK, which collects Android ID and Advertising ID. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers.

You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK, if available from your SDK provider or removing the SDK. According to the information provided by your SDK provider, you may consider upgrading to version 4.0.1. Google is not endorsing or recommending any third-party software. Please consult the SDK provider for further information."

So, what do I do to fix this? I understand from this thread that I need to update the Unity ads package?
    My game was made in Unity 2018, and used Unity Ads 2.3.1, the highest I can upgrade the ads package is to 3.4.2, whcih according to this thread doesn't seem high enough.
    Do I need to upgrade the Unity version as well? and to what version? (I would prefer to upgrade as little as possible, as it tends to break things)
    Edit:
    Found it here: https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.4/Documentation/Manual/com.unity.ads.html
    Seems I need to update at least to version 2019.4

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024