Search Unity

Question Your app includes non compliant SDK version

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by modernator24, Jun 30, 2022.

1. modernator24

modernator24

I got a message from Google Play Store:

Your app includes non compliant SDK version

Your app XXX version code 129 includes SDK com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data that includes but may not be limited to Advertising ID, Android ID identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers as described in the User Data policy.

Starting from August 29, 2022 midnight (UTC), new app releases containing the SDK version(s) that do not comply with the User Data policy may be blocked from release. You may consider upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK that does not include the violating code if available from your SDK provider, or removing this SDK from your app.

According to the information provided by your SDK provider, you may consider upgrading to 4.0.1. Please consult the SDK provider for further information.

ACTION REQUIRED: Upload a new compliant version AND deactivate the noncompliant version.

I just followed this web page:
    https://docs.unity.com/ads/GoogleDa...22, Android developers,SDKs such as Unity Ads.

2. Claudiocdj

Claudiocdj

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    sogonen likes this.
  3. sogonen

sogonen

We got the same message on our last build. We are not using Unity Ads Package directly but Google Admob mediation installs the latests 4.2.1 version with the external dependency manager. The thing is why we are still getting this SDK warning using a higher version than the suggested 4.0.1?

xinatcg likes this.
  4. SandJewel

SandJewel

We had the same issue yesterday when uploading a new build on several attempts.

Would be great if the Unity team could chime in soon and give us some assist on this, we can't update our apps or they will get removed by the date suggested above.

5. gaishinbu

gaishinbu

I also faced the same problem. Moreover, I need to completely change my ADS script.

I get the error "The type or namespace name 'IUnityAdsListener' could not be found".

If you know an easy solution, I'd appreciate it if you could help, because I'm pretty new to this stuff :)

6. Johan371

Johan371

Hello, I have the same problem, I don't use unity ads but I do use IAP.

DesaiPratik533 likes this.
  7. nerddoc001

nerddoc001

same issue here, im using unity ads 4.1.0 which is newer than 4.0.1

8. Kapteeni-Studios

Kapteeni-Studios

9. gaishinbu

gaishinbu

thank you but What should I do with these instructions? I updated the SDK. The problem I mentioned has occurred. For the solution, I need to completely change my ADS script and I don't want to change it because it will take a lot of time and I will encounter more "bugs". So I need a more logical solution.

10. SandJewel

SandJewel

Anyone found a solution yet? Do we need to update to Unity ads 4.2.1 and update our scripts? Can someone from Unity please chime in with a proper solution?

11. gaishinbu

gaishinbu

i am still waiting...

12. SandJewel

SandJewel

Same, still waiting to hear back on a resolution to this & more threads on the topic.

13. Kapteeni-Studios

Kapteeni-Studios

I have updated to Unity Ads 4.2.1 and I still get the error. No solutios yet as far as I know.

14. FMGdev

FMGdev

We're experiencing the same issue, too. As far as we understand, Google Play shows an error for the old release version that was used before. Because our app version 68 is live right now.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 13.42.33.png

15. Badinha

Badinha

Humm I'm sure my version is above the required 4.0.1 but I'm still getting the error, any news on that?

16. achimeno

achimeno

Same here

17. nemeth-regime

nemeth-regime

Is it still possible to update your apps in the play store with this this warning since it states "Starting from August 29, 2022 midnight". So we can carry on updating apps with the non compliant SDK versions until 29th August?

18. brunotre77

brunotre77

Same here, I have updated to 4.2.1 and I still get the error.

19. xdprint

xdprint

I also received this error message. Check your releases for internal testing and closed testing. In my case, the old version of the application was still used there, now I'm waiting for verification to remove the old version from there.

whileBreak likes this.
  20. whileBreak

whileBreak

I think they are both right on the money. We had the same issue and ended up finding a very old testing build lurking around (still active as in testing) thanks to xdprint.

Also waiting for the results, but will try to update

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  21. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@modernator24, @ClaudioCDomene, @sogonen, @SandJewel, @Johan371, @nerddoc001, @Kapteeni-Studios, @dkorzay, @MikoskiFromLockwood, @achimeno, @nemeth-regime, @brunotre77, @xdprint, @whileBreak

Thanks everyone for reaching out. Sorry for the delay; we had a holiday weekend in the US right as these notices were sent out.

We discussed this internally and reached out to our contacts at Google and confirmed what a couple of people have already mentioned in this thread: You'll need to deactivate/remove any uploaded builds with older SDK versions.

The notice should have the specific version where they detected the non-compliant SDK.

If you still run into any issues, please let us know: unityads-support@unity3d.com

@gaishinbu
    If you are upgrading from an older version of the SDK, some APIs have been removed. Our documentation has updated examples using the newer Load and Show listeners:
    https://docs.unity.com/ads/ImplementingRewardedAdsUnity.html

22. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

Bingo!

It is in my internal testing track. The bad thing is that this track is paused and this version is not even available anymore. I will try to upload a new version just to overwrite this one...

23. gladiatorkilo

gladiatorkilo

@ap-unity

I also received this warning because I had an active internal test build that uses the non-compliant SDK version

The problem is that there is no way to remove this version from the tests, so I uploaded a new internal test version with the new Unity SDK to disable the previous one, BUT THE PROBLEM IS: I STILL GET THE ERROR!! on each new version upload to production.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    allenWTF likes this.
  24. allenWTF

allenWTF

Right now I'm getting two warnings - one on some old version and one on updated one with updated sdk. Am I getting this right that if I'll disable/remove old version both warnings will be gone?

25. xinatcg

xinatcg

yeah, we same situation, seem like this google error message very unclear

gladiatorkilo likes this.
  26. whileBreak

whileBreak

Same update here. We indeed verified that the problem was an old testing track. But there is no apparent solution. We opened a ticket with GooglePlay to see if they can give us one.

27. gaishinbu

gaishinbu

I'm still waiting for a real solution. I hope the solution is found before the apps are removed from the store.

allenWTF likes this.
  28. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

Did you publish the internal test version and resumed the track? It only worked when I did that!

29. ykenjou

ykenjou

I have updated the app, including the test track, but it still keeps showing the error.

I am using admob for unity, could it be that an older SDK version is installed from there?

30. Soztrk

Soztrk

I have faced this problem recently. I solved problem by removing Analytics Library from Package Manager. But it is still "ON" on services. (Legacy Analytics)

31. gladiatorkilo

gladiatorkilo

Yes, I did and with each new version released to production, the Google console reminds me that the error is still there showing the same message I received previously.

Even though I have published other versions in the internal test and in production which do not contain the old unity SDK.

WEIRD!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  32. Claudiocdj

Claudiocdj

Will there be a Unity Ads package update for this issue? The latest version (4.2.1) does not solve this problem.

DeedyDuckGames likes this.
  33. alex9153

alex9153

Unity, do we need remove library, and refuse services of Unity?

34. berukulama

berukulama

Upgrading to version 4.2.1 will fix the problem. I received an answer that all versions above 4.0.1 comply with Google Play policies.

35. idoben

idoben

I've been trying to get my app approved for a week now with no success.
    the new update of our app includes in-app purchases but gets rejected, google's response is as follows:

"Your app includes Unity SDK or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data that includes but may not be limited to Advertising Id; Android Id identifiers. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers as described in the User Data policy."

our app is targeted at children so that may be the issue too.
    our unity's built-in analytics package is up to date with the required version of: 4.0.1
    our unity's built-in in-app purchase package is up to date with version: 4.2.1
    and we're also using the latest version of Remote Config

The problem is that all of these packages use "Android Id" which is not allowed,
    Is that a known issue in these packages since the latest google policy changes?
    Is there going to be an update to fix this issue?

36. berukulama

berukulama

I think it might be a problem because the app targets children. a complicated situation. You should definitely contact support. maybe if there is no contradiction, they can contact the google play team.

37. gaishinbu

gaishinbu

Has the Unity team made a statement regarding this?

38. ebouchard88

ebouchard88

I have the same problem with my 4 games. The version of the games that the email referred to was live on the testing tracks or beta tracks. So I uploaded a new version for each of them on all tracks with the latest version of the game (with a compatible Unity SDK). They were all approved yesterday. I validated on the app bundle explorer, and all versions that were wrong are now "unavailable".

Yet today, I submit a new version on one of my games, and I still receive the non-compliant SDK error on the review step! I submitted a ticket to Google... will see what they have to say.

thiagolrosa and gladiatorkilo like this.
  39. berukulama

berukulama

I contacted Unity support and we found a solution based on my codes. Now 4.2.1 is working correctly. If the ad request ad and ad display codes are in the same scene, there is no problem. but it doesn't work if you call codes in another scene. It is necessary to load and run the ad separately for each scene. it's working perfectly now.

40. ebouchard88

ebouchard88

For my part, I am not using Unity game engine, only unity Ads into another game engine. So this will not work

41. ebouchard88

ebouchard88

Ok. So Google support told me they cannot help me and have to address my issue with the policy team. So I just did, but there are no "detail" section in the form, only app, email address and that's it. So will have to go through a bunch of back and forth it seems. Starting to feel like the 12 tasks of Asterix here...

whileBreak likes this.
  42. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

I also got the same problem.
    I'm using Unity Ads 4.2.1, I updated Unity Ads from 3.7.5
    upload_2022-7-29_14-39-53.png

You'll need to deactivate/remove any uploaded builds with older SDK versions.

That mean remove the production version live on Google Play?

43. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I have\had the same issue.

1. Existing app in store uses Unity Ads 3.7.5
    2. New update submitted uses Unity Ads 4.2.1
    3. Google send message saying app contains non-compliant SDK

After appealing, I just realised (in my case) Google are referring to the existing app and not the update. It's just worded in such a way (given that the new update is in review) that makes you think it's the submission at fault. Or maybe I read it that way late on a Friday afternoon :)

So I'm taking it as a reminder of the existing version, rather than a response to the submission.

GlitchesHub likes this.
  44. marcopesce

marcopesce

I have not the Unity Ads (I used it in the past, but now is completely removed), only In App purchasing (4.1.3) and Analytics 3.6.12 (mandatory) packages, but still get that message. Deadline is 30 September (idk if updated for everyone or only on my account).

45. marcopesce

marcopesce

I think this need maximum attention from Unity... why they does not find a fix that works for everyone?

46. marcopesce

marcopesce

Upgraded In App Purchasing to latest 4.4.0 but now I get a warning in the package manager that say that the "recommended" version for my Unity version (2021.2.19f1) is version 4.1.5!!

47. marcopesce

marcopesce

Ok restored the In App package to 4.1.5

48. marcopesce

marcopesce

Do we need to upgrade Unity Analytics and Unity In App Purchases Packages? I do not use Ads in my app but still get that warning.

49. modoBJ

modoBJ

the same issue here with my 4 games

I've upgraded to 4.2.1, and to be honest, I think the libraries on 3.7.5 are the best for clean code and everything, the 4.2.1 is just something, I don't know..

I submitted it for review with 4.2.1 and I'm waiting. hope that upgrading the SDK will fix the problem. or this problem needs more attention, I'm still confusing why unity till now doesn't give a real solution.

50. ebouchard88

ebouchard88

I did discuss this with the Review team at Google. (The team that reviews "faulty apps"). After upgrading all the old versions of the app (with the old version of Unity SDK) on all tracks (Internal testing, Beta, Alpha etc), they acknowledged that my apps were compliant and "Approved" my apps. Yet, after submitting a new version afterward, I still got the error message that my old app versions were not compliant.

So I submitted the screenshot to the Review team and have been waiting 2 days for an answer now. I hope they took their time to answer because they are really investigating what is going on and not just they forgot about me... I will post details when I have them.

RSH1, whileBreak, ap-unity and 3 others like this.