Search Unity

Looking For Contributor young people project needs C# expertise for simple premise

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by waftlord, Aug 17, 2021.

1. waftlord

waftlord

I’m working with a group of 9-14yo young people who’ve come up with a great idea for a game they are creating for over 65yos to play.

They workshopped with some older people yesterday to come up with ideas for a one button input game. I have 4 hours dev time only with them…..

Their final idea is a revolving carousel of 8 differently coloured humanoid meshes, split into heads/torsos/legs. After a button press the sections revolve at different (slightly offset) speeds, the player has to push the button again when the colours line up (with the cameras focus body).
    The speeds probably have to be predetermined to ensure there are line up possibilities.
    3 lives, a life lost every time player presses when they don’t line up. spin restarts.
    After each spin the rotation speed becomes a bit faster and the offsets change slightly.
    Game keeps going with a score system notching up for every correct alignment until lives run out then scene transitions to end.

Very simplistic, but my C# skills can only take it so far. i’ve set most of it up and and can add sounds/graphic extras later) and have start/end scenes sorted. So it’s just the core game mechanics script i need assistance with.

There is a box collider at the front that needs to sense when (on stop) 3 tags (the relevant colours) are OnTriggerStay to trigger events (or not). Also probably a lerp to move everything after they stop to position, so storing positions needed etc. And timing pauses to inform correct/incorrect alignment and rotation restarts. Sorry i can't be clearer than that but happy to explain more.

I’d really appreciate some C# expertise if anyone can pm me and provide some support. i’m sure some beer/coffee tokens could be discussed. :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021