Search Unity

You have cancelled downloading unity

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Pinkyrocket, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Pinkyrocket

Pinkyrocket

I had cancelled downloading Unity Hub before, and now when I try to install it it says this. Please, someone help?

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I think your screenshot didn't upload properly. Could you elaborate?

Thanks,

pablo21m01 likes this.
  3. SuperGenesis1985

SuperGenesis1985

I'm having the same issue -- I downloaded Unity Hub, launched Unity Hub, then when it asked where I wanted to download Unity itself, I selected the path, then clicked, "Install."

When I did that the Install dialogue window says at the top in red letters:

"You have cancelled downloading unity"

And there's now way to install unity.

I previously tried to download Unity, but the program didn't install when I was in the "Launch Unity" step of Unity Hub, so I uninstalled all of Unity Hub and tried to start over; unfortunately, it now says the above message every time I try to install.

I'm going to restart my computer and see if that does it.

Attached Files:

pablo21m01 likes this.
  4. SuperGenesis1985

SuperGenesis1985

I restarted the computer, tried to reinstall unity hub, and the same thing happened ("You have cancelled downloading unity"), so I pressed the "skip wizard" option and it took me to a different hub installer.

Now I try to add the right Unity Editor, but when I select one and "Add," nothing happens -- no downloading nothing.

Attached Files:

pablo21m01 likes this.
  5. SuperGenesis1985

SuperGenesis1985

PLEASE HELP, I NEED TO DO THIS FOR SCHOOL!

I'm having the same issue -- I downloaded Unity Hub, launched Unity Hub, then when it asked where I wanted to download Unity itself, I selected the path, then clicked, "Install."

When I did that the Install dialogue window says at the top in red letters:

"You have cancelled downloading unity"

And there's now way to install unity.

I previously tried to download Unity, but the program didn't install when I was in the "Launch Unity" step of Unity Hub, so I uninstalled all of Unity Hub and tried to start over; unfortunately, it now says the above message every time I try to install.

I'm going to restart my computer and see if that does it.

================================================================
    [after computer restart]

I restarted the computer, tried to reinstall unity hub, and the same thing happened ("You have cancelled downloading unity"), so I pressed the "skip wizard" option and it took me to a different hub installer.

Now I try to add the right Unity Editor, but when I select one and "Add," nothing happens -- no downloading nothing.

Attached Files:

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi, just click on the "Add" button on the top right and choose a version to install.

Cheers,

7. wenqiangw

wenqiangw

8. Thorpedo

Thorpedo

I got this same error message installing on an HP Netbook. The netbook only has 32GB of space on the C:\ drive and the default installation directory is C:\Program Files. So instead, I installed it on a 128GB MicroSD card I had previously installed into the computer and set up as a D:\ drive. When I changed the install directory to D:\Program Files, Unity Hub installed Unity without any further errors. I hope my experience helps someone else.

9. ahmedaniss

ahmedaniss

problem fixed here :

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. Chexer

Chexer

it says "there is not enough space to download and install selected files", but it says that total space required is 23 GB but i have almost 70GB free space, please help!

11. Garputin

Garputin

I'm having this issue too.
    I'm disappointed at the fact that its been a full year and nobody has found a correct way to fix this.

Well done Unity. You've encouraged me to try make something, and you give me the ol' "No, install thing" when it doesn't give me a link to install. I really hope in the next version they add an install button to that error or even better. FIX THE PROBLEM?!

12. The_MadY

The_MadY

Yess Same Like Chexer . I have 76 gb free still it says "there is not enough space to download and install selected files" Please help I had so much problems coming there this is last one I guess plzzzzzzzz help

13. Kiansharifi

Kiansharifi

Im having the same problem and when the download gets randomly cancelled, it takes up room! I started with 16 gb remaining and now I have 11 gb left what do I do? I already deleted all the things that had the name Unity so idk where all the files went.

14. kamihdmusic

kamihdmusic

Found a solution.
    Get some storage space for your local/main drive (C)

seems like I was running low on space less than 1gb in my local drive

15. EliasGarou

EliasGarou

kamihdmusic is correct.

I had the same issue and couldn't download unity on my external drive E: because C: had less than 1 free gb. The moment I freed up some space in C: it got fixed.

16. theBannanaJS

theBannanaJS

hey guys no joke, i got it working after a while, like 2 days. Lemme break it down step by step.

*HEADS UP: once you have followed all the steps, I've sent two screenshots of how it should be!*

1. First, on the page where it says "You have cancelled downloading unity", click proceed without installation, or whatever its called I'm not sure now :)

2. When you get to the Unity Hub, go to settings. Keep that open. Meanwhile, create a folder on your desktop and name it whatever you want. This will be where the program will be downloaded.

3. Remeber, you are in settings right now in the unity hub. in General, go to Unity Editors Folder. There should be a three-dot lline there. Click it and it will take you to your finder (I'm on mac). There, locate the file you created at the start, then select it. Make sure you click Save before you exit settings!

4. Now, go to Installations. Press Add. choose the suitable version and the system for your computer. Then, make sure to Open the terms and conditions, it wont work if you don't!

5. First off, you have to have enough space on your computer, that should be the second step :). Ok, if you have done it right up to here, there should be a little pop up for downloading, and its faded out. Now wait till the full thing loads. Then click Locate. Type in the name of the file that you chose at the start, and it should work!

Awesome! Lets make some games now :D

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 2.24.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 2.24.09 PM.png

17. theBannanaJS

theBannanaJS

hey, I'm sorry that happened, and its been a few months, but i have made a post about a step by step about how to do it! hope it helps :)

18. unity_989CD55AD25EA45391BC

unity_989CD55AD25EA45391BC

Just had this same issue, as my son wanted to get started with Unity.

I have my Windows (user profile) TMP and TEMP environment settings set to my RAM drive. This is limited to 2GB.

Once I changed these back to a drive (c:\temp) that had enough space and rebooted the machine, I was able to get past this issue and follow the wizard to install Unity.

19. o5gdotnet

o5gdotnet

Unfortunately,this doesn't work to me : (

20. rabmcg10

rabmcg10

I also came across this and was due to space on the C drive also, although I chose a different drive to install it on.

I would make sure you have enough space on your install location and also on the C drive as it doesn't seem to work if this space is used. I also had to clear my recycle bin for the space to take effect. If it still doesn't work try reinstalling a fresh set of files again once you have cleared up your space.