Search Unity

Bug You guys broke loading scenes async in 2020.1.10~16

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrLucid72, Dec 19, 2020.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I current use 2020.1.9 without issues. Merely upgrading to .16 will cause gamebreaking async scene loading issues that seem to desync users. I can't repro it myself so I'm not sure of the exact cause, but we narrowed it down to this.

Simply upgrading Unity from .9 >> 0.16 breaks it >> Reverting fixes it. I was originally trying to upgrade to get a Chinese IME fix that's been broken since 2018.

"Minor" version?? What did you guys do to async scene loading? I tried looking through 50 pages of patch notes in between, but couldn't find anything or missed it.

Unity QA gets lower and lower each year, while exec's are making more and more. There's no logic in this. Stable versions should be stable. Every time I want a bug fix, I'm carrot-on-a-stick baited to upgrade to a new version that breaks more things since Unity is the most unstable software I've ever used in my life.

Seriously, @ Unity mgmt -- where is the QA?? I'm sure the existing QA rocks at what they do -- but there's simply not enough for the size of Unity, and the budget that Unity has, along with the expectations of a commercial product that I pay $100's for per seat.

No, I can't repro it because it's on a live project with complex code: It could be anything. Use your QA: I've spent hundreds of hours submitting repros on my own budget. All I know is that a minor version broke our entire async scene loading system (when the only reason I even wanted to upgrade minor versions is because Unity refuses to offer a patch to 2020.1.9 for the IME fix submitted in 2018)