Search Unity

You gotta see this!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkahuna, Sep 16, 2006.

1. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

2. taumel

taumel

Nice... :O)

Well, the actors aren't as good as the original ones (not suprising) but there is a lot of truth actually in these ads. The funny thing about the original aps is that the pc guy is much more simpatico then the mac guy.

3. Bampf

Bampf

Oh well, nice try, but I wasn't impressed. The security one in particular annoyed me when it tried to explain away why Windows has more security problems. Macs aren't getting anywhere near 3% of the mal-ware that PC's do.

And the Games one didn't mention Unity. :)

4. Marble

Marble

This kind of set my teeth on edge :?.

5. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I dunno, I thought it was all pretty "tongue in cheek" kind of humor, not mean't to be accurate, just a parody of the Apple ad. I got the biggest kick out of how they portrayed Linux, heck I use Linux and I thought it was funny.

6. terransage

terransage

Why are Mac and PC so mean to the poor Linux guy? :cry:

7. nickavv

nickavv

Hey, if you were a mac or a Pc you'd be mean to him too. He just acts so annoying. :p

8. micsteel

micsteel

It takes intelligence to discern the subtleties of an OS ("Would you like to click another button to confirm that you clicked this one?"), and intelligence to understand "market share." That term only applies to sales in the most recent measured period--typically a "quarter"--and doesn't indicate how many are replacing their old machine...nor how many old machines just irritated the FISH out of their users because they were so glommed with spyware, or whose apps had accumulated so many "quirks" that couldn't be erased without a total re-install. It certainly doesn't show how many users continue to KEEP their old machine without bothering to buy a new one...because their old one hasn't ticked them off!

Don't you hate it when you set a preference and Windows ignores it?

As for Linux, with OS X on Unix (and even on Intel), the only reason to run linux is stubbornness. Or hatred of Apple. :) Or a desire to suffer. :twisted:

It's interesting to note that there are people who seem to have some experience with all three "realms," but still think "it's just a machine."

9. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

To be fair, there's a fair chunk of Linux software that's not ported to OS X, not to mention that OS X has a few issues with performance in certain areas. Thus Linux has a legitimate reason to exist, so far. ;)

--Eric