Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"You don't have any remaining downloads for this asset" Substance Error

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by sara_p, Jan 22, 2021.

1. sara_p

sara_p

So I'm logged in and in the Substance plugin it says that I have 315 points left (same as when I log in to substance source on a browser). When I press download I get this error popup and it doesn't matter if I'm trying to download a material that I already own or not. I'm using Unity 2019.4.13f1. Any help is appreciated!

Screenshot 2021-01-22 161417.png

2. Streamside7

Streamside7

I am having this same issue, and I have 948 points left. Also I'm trying to download something that is already in my collection. Something has obviously changed on the backend. It seems like there should be a way to use the plugin with something you download manually, but I cannot find a way.

3. sara_p

sara_p

Agreed.
    For now I just download the .sbsar file and import it into unity. It opens it as it would if I was using the plugin. It's not as elegant as with the plugin but it works

4. Streamside7

Streamside7

Thanks Sara!!. I discovered that works with Unity 2020. I was using 2018 and that didn't work. Thanks for the help!!

sara_p likes this.
  5. sara_p

sara_p

Glad I could help! :)

6. SerKillZ

SerKillZ

Quick question, when using the plugin from substance and I drag and drop material on to a blank plane it looks all crappy is it just the lighting or am I doing something wrong its really hard to find tutorials on this. Do you happen to have any links? Thanks

7. sara_p

sara_p

Hi @SerKillZ! Like you said, the issue could be caused by bad lighting but usually a directional light is enough to light up a simple scene so that you can see the materials. Do you have one enabled? Also, have you tried applying the material on other objects? Make sure that they have good UVs and the normals are facing the right direction. Hope this is helpful

8. SerKillZ

SerKillZ

Yes it was thank you also I was applying them to a plane object not sure if that is the correct way of using them. How do I apply textures from substance source to terrain? Is there information out there covering this process?