Search Unity

You broke someting on the server - conditions are not working anymore!

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by Kobald-Klaus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Kobald-Klaus

Kobald-Klaus

Guys!
    Have you changed something in the API somewhen in the last 36 hours?

I have one condition that I can turn off and on. It worked and now it does not anymore! I can clearly see in the dashboard it is on and it does override some values but I only get the default values from the default config.

@rambod

bahattin_alictus likes this.
  2. Kobald-Klaus

Kobald-Klaus

condition is empty - it worked until yesterday. But I also tried true and 1.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are checking

4. jacobbev

jacobbev

Unity Technologies

This is most likely a result of a cache related incident, that should now be resolved! Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

5. Kobald-Klaus

Kobald-Klaus

It works now! :)
    Can you please avoid this in the future. We are relying on the correct data for different device types in the future. If that does not work, people will uninstall the app and give bad ratings! o_O

vd_unity likes this.
  6. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

Hello @jacobbev we were having something like @Kobald-Klaus has. But it was not like having always the "DefaultConfig", instead it was working fine on the rules we've defined already but the new ones. Even the new condition is with "true" and got the first priority, users could not get these settings. And now after you said that the fix you applied should have worked, we are always getting "DefaultConfig". I really do not want to mention that but a quick fix would be really great when we are talking about a huge mass of players. Thanks to helps in advance. :)

Attached Files:

Kobald-Klaus likes this.
  7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@bahattin_alictus Can you elaborate? Perhaps share the code that you are using, and screenshots of your configuration? Is "DefaultConfig" the name you assigned?

8. jacobbev

jacobbev

Unity Technologies

Glad it is working! We have figured out the source of the incident and are taking actions to prevent future issues.

9. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

@JeffDUnity3D @jacobbev .You can see the active ruleset in "7.46.21" and the Unity version I am testing on device in "7.49.20". Also, I have attached the condition of the rule, which is matched used to. Finally, for a clear understanding of my previous post, the ConfigID is the value you see in the XCode console image. These were matching working properly but new rules are not as @Kobald-Klaus said since yesterday. However, we have totally lost the rule control of the configuration with the most recent fix that you have applied.

Attached Files:

Kobald-Klaus likes this.
  10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you share the code that you are using?

11. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

@JeffDUnity3D @jacobbev I can not share the code itself for classification issues, but I can tell what it does. It listens the ConfigManager.FetchCompleted then applies the values when the event occurred via ConfigManager.appConfig.GetInt(),GetString()..etc. I am sure that the appConfig is updated after the fetch and I know if it is from remote or not. Repeating myself again, this was working till the most recent fix. Looks like a backend problem.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@bahattin_alictus I don't doubt you, we are just trying to reproduce here. Are you still able to Push and Pull the values from the Unity Editor? What version of RC are you using?

13. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

@JeffDUnity3D Thank you for your close attention :),

We have "Remote Config 1.0.9" but we had to use internal "Unity.RemoteConfig.IRemoteConfigSettings.Updated" event for correct result, I can pull & push from editor except variant rules as usual. In addition; when we use "Editor to activate rules", the conditions are working and the rules are matching. But when I change the states only in editor, actually the full case : I could close all rules and reopen them from the editor and that made them matchable again. But if I do it from the dashboard first time (in this case the variant one only can be changed from the dashboard) I always get DefaultConfig and no rules are matching.

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "full case" and "do it from the dashboard first time", do what? You originally said "the rules are matching" followed by a sentence "made them matchable again" how and where did they become unmatched? You are using an older version of RC, please upgrade.

15. bahattin_alictus

bahattin_alictus

Sorry for that :confused:.

• After the issue appeared (The one after the "fix"), changing rule states from the dashboard were not working, they were not matching anyway even the conditions are set to "true".
    • This problem disappeared after pushing their states as disabled and enabled after again, but that had not worked in the dashboard first time.
    • After the problem solved by Editor pushes, the dashboard gained functionality again.
    • Because I cannot see the variant rules (As usual, they were not present in the 1.0.9), still I can not activate it from the Editor (and I think, I should be able to make all the changes from the dashboard).
    • When I activate the variant rule from the dashboard, the rules already in a match are no longer matching. And it end up with a "DefaultConfig".
    • We have planned an RC update, but it seems impossible for now. Thank you :)
    I hope I have told the full case in a clear and in an understandable way. :)

JeffDUnity3D and vd_unity like this.
  16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! It sounds like pushing the rules from the Editor properly updated your cache

17. Kobald-Klaus

Kobald-Klaus

@bahattin_alictus, one advice from me: you should upgrade to the latest version. There is a bug in versions < 1.1 that will give you wrong values for float when a user runs your app outside the en_us localisation! I helped the Unity Guys to fix that issue 2 months ago!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    vd_unity and bahattin_alictus like this.