Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

You are using Unity iPhone Basic. You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash scre

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by AaronC, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wimeck

wimeck

Hi guys,

I had the same problem and requested a iOS pro trial of a month, solved my problems... Unity support is always willing to help.

2. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

@wimeck Hi Wimeck - Was that a standard pro trial which adds the 'trial version' watermark to your builds?

3. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Just cleaned my machine, installed Xcode 4.3.2 from App Store, and upgraded my Unity to iOS Pro, and my app compiles perfectly.

Now off to submit to Apple, get it published and pay back what I just forked out before wife finds out! ;)

4. fgielow

fgielow

If we may know, please send us a link after your app gets published! :)
    Just out of curiosity! hahahaha

Fernando.

5. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

Best of luck Greg! - I hear that App reviews are going through pretty quickly in most cases atm - around 5 days on average.

Are you supporting new iPad Retina resolution? If so, could you confirm that your current Xcode/Unity combo is supporting this?

Thanks,
    Dave

6. fgielow

fgielow

The last applications/updates I sent took exactly 5 week days each to get in review, and then under 3h to be approved; pretty fast actually.

7. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

No my first version of my app is iPhone only, if published, then I will release an iPad version, guessing that I will need the update from Unity for the iPad retina display.

Thanks for info on speed of submission process, fingers crossed for a speedy review!

8. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

Thanks Greg - Godspeed!

9. wimeck

wimeck

Hi daveLifeBoatStudio,

Ah, it has a trial-mark, I didn't see it since it is really tiny with the high-res display of the new iPad. No problem for me since I just want to continue developing and don't need to submit the app yet... I'm also not changing the splash-screen.

10. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

Thanks wimeck! Good to know its pulling full res on the new iPad though :)

11. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

Couldn't help myself, just followed suit with Greg went Pro. My indie wallet hurts, but it feels good :)

12. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Hi,
    we have beta quality build for closed group testing. This build includes Xcode 4.3.x/iOS 5.1/iPad3 fixes and improved support. Please PM me if you want to get this beta build ahead of time.

13. daveLifeboat

daveLifeboat

DOH!!! ;-)

14. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

@daveLifeBoatStudios thanks for good wishes! And not to worry about buying upgrade, I am glad I did, my app is now submitted and in Waiting For Review status! :D

Unity needs us to buy their software so they can carry on developing and improving, its a two way thing... :p

As soon as my app is Approved I will let you all know, good luck to all testing for iPad3 (oh I mean The new iPad).

Unity rocks!!!! :cool:

15. nshack31

nshack31

16. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

17. nshack31

nshack31

ok thanks

18. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

She knows. They always do.

19. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Please guys try to be precise in your statements, xCode 4.3.0 doesn't support iOS5.1 but just iOS5.0,
    xCode 4.3.1 is the first supporting iOS5.1

Now, if anyone could post a workaround to compile from Unity iOS Basic to xCode 4.3.1 without too much hassle.

I also don't get why xCode 4.3.1 is just the App, where is the new SDK ?

This is so confusing.

20. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

After reading all these threads I got a terrible head ache.

But I tried the "manual" method, by copying iOS5.1 folders into xCode 4.2,
    upgraded the project with xCode 4.3.1, then opened again with 4.2
    and well, I also added manually 5.1 in the pull down menu by typing it.

TA-DA !

Finally I can test /debug (still with GDB of course) my app on my 5.1 devices.

What a nightmare !!!

Didn't try to make a new build from Unity, but I guess I have to make the manual update project trick everytime.

Not to bad for now...

21. peci

peci

any news about this?

when i look at the point where the debugger breaks i see that it breaks in unity logo verification. it seems that the new compiler is not binary compatible with the old one and the comparison if the unity logo is there fails although it is there.
    looking at the callstack and the disassembled arm code (thanks to unity for the debug info so that i know the function names) shows that the best would be to bypass the check as a temporary workaround.

is there a plan for an official fix on this? i do not want to upload my game to the appstore with this hack.

22. laserlars

laserlars

Like mantasp said 10 posts up, the update/fix is currently in beta. Hopefully it will be released soon,
    I'm also waiting for it so i can submit my app.

23. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

3.5.1 appears to be in RC2 for a while (with all xcode/ios5.1/ipad3 fixes more) and I don't think there will be a RC3 before the release.

Joachim posted that two days ago, so I also suspect release is coming very soon. Hopefully within this week...

24. jackpile

jackpile

I've been bitten by this craziness too. Very frustrating. I don't want to have to be forced to upgrade to Unity 3.5 yet but afraid I will have to. I'd love to be able to create iPad builds for beta testers but now I'm dead in the water. The usual cleaning the project doesn't work for me. Any news on this? If it's not one thing it's another. It would have been nice if Unity were more on top of these issues and alert their customer base, huh?

25. bbrode

bbrode

Anyone heard anything new about a ship date? Been a while. :(

26. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

My app was approved by Apple last night, well pleased!!! So glad I stumped up cash to upgrade to iOS Pro.

Here's the link to my first Unity iOS app, http://tinyurl.com/cj2gmmt

Now to make the iPad version once Unity release the fix for xcode.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  27. fgielow

fgielow

the link did not work here!

28. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

29. DanjelRicci

DanjelRicci

I managed to copy iOS 5.1 Devkits in Xcode 4.3 some days ago: it worked for a while, but somehow today Xcode doesn't recognize iOS 5.1 any longer, and I'm stuck again and can't build...

I hope the Unity update is going to ship as soon as possible. This is killing our workflows...

30. Infrid

Infrid

Ditto on this.

I actually paid for my ios license a week before they made it free, so I'm feeling EVEN more shafted right now.

I hope Adobe is not rubbing off on the unity team.. ;)

31. goat

goat

As I paid for mine licenses so long ago I don't stand a chance of a refund or a credit I'd be very surprised if you didn't get one if you asked them.

32. goat

goat

Wow, good luck. It couldn't have been cheap to license Lego.

33. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Greg,

What you are doing is clearly a trademark and copyright violation. It is possible you might escape under the radar and lego won't care. But I expect someone will contact you and send a cease and desist letter. If your app was free, it still wouldn't be legal, but you might could get away with it. But this is clearly a violation and does not fall under 'fair use'.

Gigi

34. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

@Gigiwoo, I understand your comments, and I did a lot of investigation prior to investing my time in creating my app. I am a massive LEGO fan and enthusiast, and there are a large number of other apps in the App Store that are LEGO related and not created by or endorsed by LEGO and the LEGO Group.

Apple actually informed me that they required further time to review my app, and in general this means that their legal department were also involved in the review.

My app includes following information:

The LEGO® Minifig Creator 3D is an unofficial app for fans and enthusiasts of LEGO Minifigs and is not affiliated with LEGO.

LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorise or endorse this app.

To be honest as long as the app does not harm the LEGO product, which it does not, it instead promotes the product, so that can only be a good thing.

In fact I created a Scalextric Track Design software package a few years ago, and Hornby Scalextric liked it so much, they had me develop it further and they now offer it for FREE on their website.

35. laserlars

laserlars

Greg: Congrats!
    How long did it take to get it approved? Submitted my first app last night, and I'm kinda exited :>

36. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Apparently it currently takes approx 7 business days to change status from Waiting for Review to In Review, and then it normally takes 1 to 2 days to either get approved or rejected.

Mine took 6 business days in Waiting for Review, and it took 2 days to go from In Review to Ready for Sale.

It was the longest couple of weeks for me... ;)

Good luck with your app submission, what's your app, a game?

37. laserlars

laserlars

Ok, thanks for the reply.
    Guess I'll be biting nails untill next week then, but I really can't think of anything that would result in rejection :>

It's an endless runner game.

38. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

39. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Wahoo!!!! Thanks Unity!

40. masterchafe

masterchafe

3.5.1 great! I'm a happy Guinea pig

41. laserlars

laserlars

Yes, yes, yes!
    Good job Unity :)

42. dammian

dammian

Thank you Unity Team!

43. belal

belal

Do I have to download the whole 940 mb file again? or is there a way to click update and it automatically updates?
    Love you unity! <3

44. 360sages

360sages

As a work around you should change a build setting in XCode. First select the target. Next, browse to the build settings until you find the entry about compressing PNG pictures. Select compression 'NO'. Now try to build your game again. The issue should be solved.

45. apparition

apparition

Ran into this issue after upgrading to Unity 4 and this was the only solution that worked! Thanks!

46. sonicviz

sonicviz

Damn Unity, you fixed this in 3.5 but you put it back in for V4??? Why would you do that?

I just upgraded my iPad project to V4 before starting on new features and now it won't run due to an old bug!

Ouch!

Above solution is not working for me anymore.

EDIT:
    Seems the fix now is: "3) App compiled with Unity3.5 must be deleted from iOS device before installing Unity4.0 app, or Splash Screen Error (Unity Basic)."
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/15...o-Unity-4...?p=1089022&viewfull=1#post1089022

EDIT2: Nope...that doesn't work either...*sigh*

Final EDIT: Mea Culpa. After much forum searching and some questions seems the following works:

• Delete Unity 3.5 App from iPad
    • Use newest Version of Xcode
    • Clear cache in Xcode - Clean Project

• Delete Unity project output folder, rebuild clean

Thanks to RolfBertram! (Unity should add this to the Upgrade guide though..timesaver)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  47. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

This problem is back again. I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8.2, Xcode 4.6. Latest iOS SDK Unity Basic 4.0.1f2 with iOS Basic plugin.

The funny thing is when I build and run the same project with Unity 3.5.7 (before conversion to Unity 4), it ran on my iOS device perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  48. sonicviz

sonicviz

I tried upgrading my mid 2009 MBP to ML from Lion twice and had to go back to Lion due to errors, despite Apple saying my machine is capable.
    I'm on latest XCode and iOS Unity Basic with Lion and currently not getting any issues (so far).

*fyi there's a DIY-MAKER-HACKER Nomikai next wed if you are interested
    https://www.facebook.com/events/157787624373954/ *

49. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

I just followed the instructions in your previous post and it fixed it. Thanks.

Thanks sonicviz for your help and heads-up about the nomikai.

50. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

BTW. Where do you live in Tokyo? and have we met? Your username is familiar.