Search Unity

Yet another Unity hates blender problem

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by theGraffo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. theGraffo

theGraffo

Hi!

When I try to import my character model into Unity from the .blend file, everything works (animations, textures, armature...) flawless except for one single, tiny problem:

Two faces at the top of the head of the character seem to expand towards a point in the infinite.
    I have tried converting quads into tris in blender before importing, but the error still occurs.

¿Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

For the record, Unity does -not- hate Blender (and visa versa).

Your problem is that you have at least one vertex not weighted to a bone.

3. giyomu

giyomu

yes as bigkahuna said , you certainly have some free floating vertex without any weight on them.
    This behaviors occurs with whatever soft you use, be it maya, max or XSI , so i think it have nothing to do with a communication problem between unity <> blender

Check your vertex in blender ;)

4. prime31

prime31

Let me third that one. :) My model looked like that too until I checked my weight painting and found the magic unmapped vertex and gave it a proper group.

5. theGraffo

theGraffo

Yup, that was the problem!
    Thanks!

PS. Unity hating Blender was just a joke, no offense intended. I love Blender and I'm starting to love Unity as well =P

6. Nick-Wiggill

Nick-Wiggill

Thanks for this, guys. I wasn't sure if I was being an idiot by thinking that all vertices had to be weighted, but this confirmed it (I had the same problem).

7. justify

justify

how about this instance there are several vertices that has been warped in the middle i spend 3 days working on it but till now i havent got a solution tried envelop, weight paint and armature parenting nothing works anyone got an idea?

Attached Files:

8. Cyclops

Cyclops

Are those vertices in the center, and did you use Mirroring to build the model? If so, you might have accidently clipped together vertices from both sides. It's easy enough to fix, scroll down to "Do Clipping":

Blender Modifiers:Mirrors

On second thought, you'd have seen the clipping distortion the entire time you were building the model - if this just happened, then it probably isn't clipping :) Maybe bad parenting? Is there a controller bone in the center that some objects are parented to?

John C>
    "For all your days, prepare, and meet them ever alike;
    When you are the anvil, bear - when the hammer, strike."

9. GusM

GusM

This usually happens when you have some vertex not attached to any bones at all.