Search Unity

yet another C4D question

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by greenland, Dec 14, 2006.

1. greenland

greenland

Is there a way to make a rectangular or laso selection of points on the uvmap? For the life of me I can't figure out any way to do it aside from clicking each triangle one by one to make a selection.

2. Marble

Marble

You should be able to use any of the selection modes in the Selection menu to select UV points or polygons as long as you are in the UV Polygon Edit or UV Point Edit mode. Lasso is definitely included.

3. greenland

greenland

I'm quite new at this... All I see is the tools for select by object, point, edge, and face. The is a laso and rectangle select tool in the uv mapping interface but they are for editing the texture and not the map on top of it.... Can you tell me where this gizmo is hidden? I've seriously been looking forever. =s

4. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

First change your Screen Layout: -> Window -> Layout -> UVEdit

Then select the Lasso Selection in the left lower Corner of the tool palette.

Attached Files:

5. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Whoops... i didnt read good enough, sorry... :oops:

Here is your Solution ;)

-> Window -> Layout -> BP 3D Paint

and there you´ll find:

Attached Files:

6. Marble

Marble

Well, whichever one you want. The latter selects pixels in the texture, I believe, and the former selects UV points as long as the button down and to the right of the model tool (triangle with perpendicular arrows) is also selected. This is the one with the checkerboard and the three dots.

7. greenland

greenland

Yar. I missed that it was a popup menu. :?

Thaaaaaank you. I'm hacking megahurtz now.