Search Unity

Yes You Can Have Moving AND Rotating NavMesh Platforms | AI Series Part 30

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by ChrisKurhan, Oct 5, 2021.

1. ChrisKurhan

ChrisKurhan

Hey all! Happy #TutorialTuesday!

Wow! I can't believe we're already on part 30 of the AI Series! If you're seeing my posts for the first time, welcome! In this series I'm covering all kinds of AI and Navigation topics using the Unity Navigation system. From setting up your first Navmesh, to moving platforms, there's a lot of cool topics covered to help you with your AI and Navigation needs for your game!

This week in this viewer request special we'll be taking a look into how to have moving and rotating Navmesh platforms with the Unity Navigation System. This is a continuation of AI Series Part 28 where we first did moving platforms. But, in this one we'll be adding in the rotation and taking another look at the limitations of our 2 approaches.

As always, full project code is available on GitHub!

If you're getting value from this series, please consider liking, subscribing, and sharing to help these tutorials reach and add value to even more people. New tutorials are posted every Tuesday!