Search Unity

yellow dot

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by AdaluteGames, Jan 9, 2022.

1. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

I am using the Framing Transposer and I have adjusted the LookaheadTime so the yellow focus dot will move ahead and that works great. Is there a way to freeze the position of that YELLOW DOT? I have two different kinds of movement. When I strafe the player I want that yellow dot to be fixed in position and not move. I just dont know how to do that.

Attached Files:

2. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

maybe I can just freeze the camera pos when im doing the strafing

3. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

anyone know how to get the camera to ignore the look ahead time?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't really understand what you're trying to do. Can you set the lookahead to 0 when strafing? Does that give you what you want?

5. AdaluteGames

AdaluteGames

That wont work because the yellow dot will go back to the center. As I move my player and have LookaheadTime at .6 the camera lets me see farther ahead depending on the direction Im moving. That works great. But when I want to strafe back and forth up and down ect , Id like that lookahead distance to stay exactly where its at and not to be affected by the movement keys.......when I strafe I want to be able to still see that part of the screen. I just wish there was a way to freeze that yellow box focus point.

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can do it by making an intermediate target that implements lookahead the way you like it. Have an invisible object with a custom script that positions itself at the desired lookahead point, and use that object as a Follow target for the Framing Transposer. Disable lookahead in the vcam, as you are implementing it in the target.