Search Unity

Yay, another Madness Sale!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not_Sure, Aug 12, 2015.

1. GreenBoxInteractive

GreenBoxInteractive

It's frustrating that I got the nature pack a few days before it went on madness sale, but I am looking at the gamestrap GUI too.

2. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Maybe you want to have something in between GTA and what's presented in iTS. People in GTA freak out unreasonable if you so much as poke their car tire. They speed off and crash into everything and cause a pile up.

That said, it sounds like iTS is an easier base to work off than the GTA traffic ai would be ;) Boring robot-ness is a great base. Is iTS extendable? If it is, it's great. If it's not, then wow, what a missed opportunity.

3. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I don't need realistic behaviour after being smashed off of the road. I just need relatively realistic driving around. I don't know how extensible it is but you can dish out more money for the source code. This plugin is low on my priority list right now so I don't have too much time to explore it.

4. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

That's concerning. What's the price difference?

5. Ariegos

Ariegos

I'm thinking its probably better to ignore the sales and buy things full price or not, only when you are absolutely up to incorporating them in a project. I bought a few things on sale this year and I haven't even had time to look at them. lol

Socrates and Ony like this.
  6. Ony

Ony

Yup I think that's the best way to do it, actually. Too many assets sitting unused that I only bought because I might use them someday.

Ariegos and Teo like this.
  7. Teo

Teo

Your right @Ony, I also have assets that I never used or used only once.

Ony likes this.
  8. Martin_H

Martin_H

I too am always in the danger of buying stuff I end up not using, but here I think at least it goes towards a good cause ^^.

I've bought FinalIK and A*PP yesterday, didn't have time to really look at them yet :D. I'm not sure about exploder. It might be better if I pre-fracture the models in Blender and write my own solution.

9. rwetzold

rwetzold

Reminds me somehow of my steam library. Getting close to 400 now and guess how many i played o_O

Ony likes this.
  10. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

The upgrade price is $150.

11. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Ehh. Source for $150. Ehhhh. I think everything I've bought on the asset store (a whopping 2 items) has been extendable without additional purchase.

12. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Well the madness sale is over. Interestingly, Cinema Suite is till on sale and in fact they now have an upgrade price if you already have part of the suite. I bought the Cinema Mo Cap a while back when it was on sale. Does anyone have any experience with Cinema Director or Pro Cams?