Search Unity

Yahtzee making a game with Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoherentInk, Feb 9, 2010.

1. CoherentInk

CoherentInk

2. zinks

zinks

I spoke at the Carolina Games Summit over the weekend and had a sec to talk with the marketing director and community manager at The Escapist. I gave them a ton of our printed media and also showed them a bit of game play... So I am hoping it got back to him and he is talking about us... since both of the guys I talked to didn't know Unity at the time. Anywho... not to derail this thread too much, but we have a major update coming on our site (please don't judge by the current one as its a temp fix)

www.ascensionwar.com

So I hope he saw our stuff and there maybe some room to get his feedback as well as The Escapist community.

3. Jessy

Jessy

Best video game reviewer of all time. Seems a weird genre for him though, I think.

4. HeadClot

HeadClot

For some Reason It does not seam strange for me. I agree fully with him on his extra Punctuation Article.

That Games that you fly around in space blow things up have just silently died.

I just love those kind of games and if you look at the video on their site. It looks even more awesome!

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Cool stuff, I think he made some other games and they were pretty far out.

6. defmech

defmech

His games are really good, actually. They're worth playing regardless of his fame as a gimmick reviewer. Can't wait to see what he comes up with!

7. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

Oh, if only every "reviewer" actually had to make a game once (or even go to school... or use a spell/grammar checker), the world would be better.

I enjoy Yahtzee and find his schtick funny, but he's still one of those guys who says dumb S*** like, "why didn't they just make the game better?" or "they should've just added another boss! Those developers are lazy."

I look forward to seeing what he's got.

8. TerXIII

TerXIII

Thread necro of ultimate power!!!!

I for one, look forward to seeing Peter Molyneux's review of any game Yahtzee makes. It would be alltogether ironic that the greatest ass-talker of all time should review the greatest S***-talker of all time's videogame. Particularly since Yahtzee's fable review is what really launched his career.

9. GorrylIard

GorrylIard

A worthy necromancy in this case. I didn't know yahtzee was still making games. As I recall it he was making games with AGS long before his job as a reviewer. I really enjoyed 5 days a stranger and the sequel seven days a sceptic. I think anyone who enjoys old school adventure games should play them. Despite of the fact that he is now famous and stuff.

10. windexglow

windexglow

Day9 (sc2 commentator) is a user of Unity, along with a lot of the smaller commentators as well.