Search Unity

Yade Sheet - Spreadsheet Based Data Tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amlovey, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Amlovey

Amlovey

Main.png

Yade (Yet Another Data Editor) is a spreadsheet inside Unity Editor.

Yade has two components:
    1. Spreadsheet Editor: Edit data in Unity Editor, which supports Unity 2019.3.0 +
    2. Runtime: Read sheet data in runtime games, which supports almost all version of Unity that support ScriptableObject

What's The Main Features

■ Content Search
    ■ Edit Operations: Redo/Undo, Copy/Cut/Paste, Auto Fill, Add/Delete Row, Add Delete Column etc.
    ■ Supports Formula. And can add your own functions.
    ■ Support column header alias
    ■ Import Data from Excel (.xls and .xlsx) and CSV files and can add own your data importer
    ■ Export Data To CSV Files and can add your own data exporter

Video Preview

Online documents: https://www.amlovey.com/YadeDocs/
    Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/171399

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    P3ndragonLLC likes this.
  2. Amlovey

Amlovey

3. Amlovey

Amlovey

4. Amlovey

Amlovey

Search feature is added into new release 1.0.4

5. Minimilian

Minimilian

Hi, immediately after install I get this error...

Assets\Yade\Editor\Components\CellInputEditor.cs(66,40): error CS0117: 'Wrap' does not contain a definition for 'NoWrap'

I opened VS, checked what "Wrap" is with F12 and found an enum that doesn't in fact contain a "NoWrap" option.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public enum Wrap
    2. {
    3.     Once = 0,
    4.     Loop = 1,
    5.     PingPong = 2
    6. }
    I have no idea if you ever had other inquiries about this, but could you help me?
    I can postpone the use of your asset for now, but I'd like to be able to use it at some point in this project.

Modifying a script doesn't scare me, as long as I have at least vague indications :)

Thanks, regards.

6. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi Minimilian,

There might be a Wrap enum definition in your project in somewhere, which has same same as Wrap enum in UnityEngine.UIElements namespace, but the enum without include in a namespace. It's the conflict that make the error happen.

Here is a workaround for the fix: adding `using Wrap = UnityEngine.UIElements.Wrap;` on the top of the CellInputEditor.cs file.

But it's the not correct way to fix the error. The correct way is to place the Wrap enum in the project to a namespace to avoid the conflict.

Thanks,
    Amlovey

Minimilian likes this.
  7. Minimilian

Minimilian

Thanks, I actually came back here to let you know I've just found such an issue (and felt kinda silly lol).
    It's another asset doing that, I solved for now; thanks for the quick reply and for the workaround.

I'll let the other dev know, hopefully this will be solved at its root. :)

Have a nice day/night/whatever it is where you live! :)

8. Amlovey

Amlovey

Glad to hear it's solved now :D.

9. romsite97

romsite97

Can I edit data in runtime with Yade sheet?

10. Amlovey

Amlovey

Yes. But we have to save data to local by serialization and reload them again from local in next app run.

11. GrenadeTree

GrenadeTree

Does this support cloud sync? I would like to update the values without recompiling the game.

12. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi, what do you mean cloud sync? Yade supports load online CSV or public Google Sheets on application launch.

13. ibompuis

ibompuis

@Amlovey Hi, I try to load, save and use data from csv but have a error when I load after saved:

Code (CSharp):
    3. StartCoroutine(CheckCsvUpdate("http://localrc.local/wp-content/uploads/CitiesKeyValue.csv", "CitiesKeyValue"));
    4.         LoadCsvFromDisk("CitiesKeyValue");
    6. IEnumerator CheckCsvUpdate(string url, string csvName)
    7.     {
    8.         var dataFromCsv = new OnlineCSVSheet(url);
    9.         yield return dataFromCsv.DownloadSheetData();
    10.         var datas = dataFromCsv.GetYadeSheetData();
    12.         datas.BinarySerializerEnabled = true;
    13.         var settings = new BinarySerializationSettings();
    14.         settings.Mode = BinarySerializationMode.Full;
    15.         var csv = datas.Serialize(settings);
    16.         File.WriteAllBytes(Path.Combine(Application.persistentDataPath, csvName), csv);
    17.     }
    19.     void LoadCsvFromDisk(string csvName)
    20.     {
    21.         YadeSheetData sheet = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<YadeSheetData>();
    22.         sheet.BinarySerializerEnabled = true;
    23.         sheet.Deserialize(File.ReadAllBytes(Path.Combine(Application.persistentDataPath, csvName)));
    25.         var cikvs = sheet.AsList<CitiesKeyValues>();
    26.         foreach (var cikv in cikvs)
    27.         {
    28.             if(cikv.city_name != "")
    29.                 _CitiesClassDictionary.Add(cikv.key_dictionary, new CitiesDataClass(cikv.country_name, cikv.city_name, cikv.type, cikv.lat, cikv.lng));
    30.         }
    31.     }
    33. public class CitiesKeyValues {
    34.         [DataField(0)] public int key_dictionary;
    35.         [DataField(1)] public string country_name;
    36.         [DataField(2)] public string city_name;
    37.         [DataField(3)] public int type;
    38.         [DataField(4)] public float lat;
    39.         [DataField(5)] public float lng;
    40.     }
    error at this line: var cikvs = sheet.AsList<CitiesKeyValues>();
    What is the problem ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    2. System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException (System.Boolean overflow, System.String overflowResourceKey) (at <4ba27aa039714eafa1e8892e51af2932>:0)
    3. System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.ReadOnlySpan`1[T] value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles styles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) (at <4ba27aa039714eafa1e8892e51af2932>:0)
    4. System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) (at <4ba27aa039714eafa1e8892e51af2932>:0)
    5. Yade.Runtime.ParseMethodGeneric`1[T].Execute (System.String s) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Extensions/SheetDataExtensions.cs:57)
    6. Yade.Runtime.SheetDataExtensions.GetCellValue (System.Type dataType, Yade.Runtime.Cell cell) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Extensions/SheetDataExtensions.cs:315)
    7. Yade.Runtime.SheetDataExtensions+<>c__DisplayClass4_1`2[T,MT].<GetAndUpdateSetValueActions>b__4 (T instance, System.Int32 row) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Extensions/SheetDataExtensions.cs:277)
    8. Yade.Runtime.SheetDataExtensions.AsList[T] (Yade.Runtime.YadeSheetData sheetData) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Extensions/SheetDataExtensions.cs:146)
    9. InitMainEarth.LoadCsvFromDisk (System.String csvName) (at Assets/_Main/Scripts/InitMainEarth.cs:192)
    10. InitMainEarth.Awake () (at Assets/_Main/Scripts/InitMainEarth.cs:105)

14. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi @ibompuis , thank you for feedback. your code seems have no issues so it may happen in data side. Would you mind check if there are non-number strings in cell of column A or D of origin CSV? I have also received your mail and will communicate with you via email in the next. thank you again!

15. ibompuis

ibompuis

Thanks Amlovey,

Please find my csv file, I send you email now too and for next exchange with you

Attached Files:

16. JongSookKim

JongSookKim

Hi, @Amlovey.
    After updating to version 1.5.5, the following code no longer works:

Code (CSharp):
    1. yade.SetRawValue(rowIndex, 0, $"=ASSET(\"{AssetDatabase.GetAssetPath(item.Value.GetInstanceID())}\")");
    I encountered the following error in the Unity engine:

GrammarException: Grammar exception: NotSupport type token error, at position 4, current value is 'ASSET'
    Yade.Runtime.Formula.Tokenzier.GetTokens (System.String formula, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[T] functionsOverride) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Formula/FormulaEngine.cs:359)
    Yade.Runtime.Formula.FormulaEngine.GetTokens (System.String formula) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Formula/FormulaEngine.cs:609)
    Yade.Runtime.YadeSheetData.UpdateToRefTreeIfNeeds (System.Int32 row, System.Int32 col, System.String rawText) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Core/YadeSheetData.cs:119)
    Yade.Runtime.SheetDataExtensions.SetRawValue (Yade.Runtime.YadeSheetData sheet, System.Int32 rowIndex, System.Int32 columnIndex, System.String rawText) (at Assets/Yade/Runtime/Extensions/SheetDataExtensions.cs:456)

This was a code that worked fine in the previous version. Can you check what the problem is?

17. Amlovey

Amlovey

Hi, What's the real path the the asset? May be there are some issue for the engine parse the file path.

18. JongSookKim

JongSookKim

Are you saying that if the path is incorrect, it would cause an error? If that's the case, I'll check it out.

19. JongSookKim

JongSookKim

@Amlovey
    Real Asset path is,

Assets/MGameResources/ScriptableTable/Chapter/Chapter_000.asset

I checked the path, but couldn't find anything problematic.
    Could there have been changes that now prevent the use of slashes or commas?
    There wasn't an issue with this before version 1.5.5.

20. Idealisers

Idealisers

How can I load all the sheets that are present inside a shared google sheet? I have a usecase that needs to load all the available sheets and parse them.

21. Amlovey

Amlovey