Search Unity

XXXXX May Slow Down Your iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Dzxyan, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Dzxyan

Dzxyan

Today i'm deploy new update for my apps,
    when i'm open it,
    i saw a message "XXXXX Mayb Slow Down Your iPhone"
    Why it's happened?
    Any way to solve it?

My build using mono2x
    My iPhone version is iOS10.1

2. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

I am having the same message appear on a Unity iPad demo

"This app may slow down your iPad."

Is there a known cause for this. My app is a small test proof of concept and doesn't really have much to it besides some tutorial projects imported.

3. ryanmillerca

ryanmillerca

I believe that warning appears when you run a 32-bit app on iOS 10. Are you using an old version of Unity? Something 4.6 or older, perhaps?

If your app is indeed 32-bit, you will not be able to submit it to the app store without first making it 64-bit.

4. bluescrn

bluescrn

This message makes me a bit angry. As it's a blatant lie, and a very developer-hostile move from Apple.

I've got an old game that's very well optimised (60fps on iPhone 4 - it was C++/Marmalade, not Unity), sub-50MB installed. It hasn't been updated for a couple of years as it was *finished*, isn't a game-as-a-service, still runs well on modern devices, and I've moved on to other things. Compared to many modern games/apps it's super-efficient, really.

(And in this case, it's not practical to update it as I no longer have a Marmalade license, and the Marmalade SDK is being discontinued very soon, and it was last built with a very old version so could be a painful update process for no real gain anyway...)

Seems that you only get the message once, not on every launch of the app, at least.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. gecko

gecko

Just saw this warning on a new build of our game -- which does use IL2CPP, so it should be 64bit, right? We've submitted it successfully to the App Store within the past two months, so it must be 64bit. So why is this alert getting triggered?

EDIT: Nevermind. Somehow the xcode build settings were on the non-64bit option.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  6. bluescrn

bluescrn

I'm surprised you managed to get a non-64bit build onto the store in recent months? - I thought 32bit-only apps were automatically rejected these days?

7. gecko

gecko

No, somehow the build settings switched to non-64 in my last Unity build, but had been correct previously

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Restore does not apply here. This issue refers to 32-bit vs 64-bit builds

9. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

That account is also spamming promotions for the same software in other posts. I reported that account.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  10. RamonKing

RamonKing

How do i solve the problem of iPhone slowing down? iPhone 8,64GB.

11. RamonKing

RamonKing

I have got a solution for my iPhone,it is a tool called Safewiper,which can be used to free up space on iPhone by deleting something.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019