Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

XSI -> Unity Rigging Problem

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by InfinityBound, Jan 31, 2010.

1. InfinityBound

InfinityBound

Hey there,

I just started to pick up Unity a few days ago and I've run across a problem exporting my own rig from XSI into Unity.

I've searched around on the wikis, threads, and tutorials and I haven't been able to find anything that could help me with my issue.

Here is my current quadruped rig (I'm not very good at rigging so please don't mock me on that ;) ):

The chest and hips seem to be the problem here. I created them using nulls that are enveloped to the mesh.

Now the problem that I'm having, is that if I import my model (Bear01.fbx,Bear01@Idle0.fbx) once the animation starts to play it seems like the nulls want to head to 0,0,0 and the back feet are almost in the same place as the front.

This only happens if the two nulls have any translation or rotation keys on them.

If anyone could help me fix this issue, or if you have any resources in actually creating a rig properly for XSI->Unity I would be extremely grateful!

2. giyomu

giyomu

you can use the pre rig in XSI for quadruped if really you start to have issue it will save you time
    also are you using exclusively null to attach your skin ?

XSI bone hierarchy with his root / effector can sometimes mess with you with local / global transform

if it happens only when you dont give any key on these null I guess the problem come from transform value of the bull that are still set to 0,0,0 in the world

Did you use neutral pose in XSI while animating to setup local transform at 0,0,0 at the place they are.

if you dont mind you can PM me with your scene file so i can take a look eventually(dont worry i wont hack your model ;))so i can have a look at the setup you have and maybe find the issue.

3. InfinityBound

InfinityBound

Yeah, I watched your tutorial on the XSI rig to Unity and that helped me out with plotting etc.

I could use the quad included in with XSI though that wouldn't help me learn rigging :)

Totally forgot about neutral poses, I'll have to remember to do it next time...though I don't think you can apply it once you have animation?

I'm using separate files for animation (Bear01.fbx, Bear01@idle0.fbx). What should be stored in the Bear01.fbx? T-pose?

If you could take a look I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been working on it for two days now and I can't seem to get it...