Search Unity

Xsi 6.2 with unity

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by boyd600, Mar 25, 2009.

1. boyd600

boyd600

Hi does anyone use xsi with unity? anyone have any tips or tutorials about for exporting animations to unity?

At the moment i can get a mesh with uvs and textures in but im having problems with skinned animations.

so far im ploting (baking) the animation then exporting via fbx but the animation either doesnt play or it plays but the mesh gets moved a few hundred units away from its pivot position, its very confusing.

anybody have any success with xsi?

2. lankoski

lankoski

3. boyd600

boyd600

thanks lankoski, i did try a search on the forum but missed that thread :eek:

i guess i will have to spend some time learning more of the animation tools on xsi, ive mostly just used it for modeling upto now.

thanks again

4. giyomu

giyomu

hi,

I dont know if you use character kit ( cdk ) in XSI , but if you do so here a quick tip that now work all teh time for me.

when you use CDK , XSI will create a rig from your biped guide.

when you will create the rig many option will show up, one important is to make a shadow rig using a "SI model"

So you will end up with two rig , the biped shadow ( only bones object ) an the biped ( rig )

apply envelope to the biped.

Do you your anim stuff ( the fun part ^^ )

when come the time to bake your anim , choose your biped shadow and bake your animation ( I use " all transform " ).

once it's done with the biped shadow still selected go to constrain >> remove constrain.

now if you can select your biped rig and moving it without affecting your biped shadow BUT ..you will see that the neck bone and root spine are still connected to the biped rig.

select the concerned bones ( on the biped shadow ) open the bone paramter box ( alt+enter when selected ) and in kinematic chain >> IK solver behavior >> FK/IK Blend, put it to 0.

and that's pretty much all to get your animation running in unity

hope this help ;)

5. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey

Hmm.. I prefer to use Nulls for a shadow rig myself, in my experience the SI skeleton creates a few excess bones that a Null rig won't ;)