Search Unity

xsi 2 uv set

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by M3D, Dec 26, 2009.

1. M3D

M3D

Hi,I want to create 2 uv sets for my model,
    single model, 1 uv for texture (color, tiling ...), and 1 uv lightmap.
    someone can help me with xsi?
    as the tutorial modo style...
    tnx

2. giyomu

giyomu

you can create multiple projection in XSI , so as the same way you create your first texture projection in XSI , do the same process to create second texture projection that you can unwrap a different way then.

then simply export as fbx , you will need to swap the texture in unity eventually cause form XSI they come swapped ( there is a way to fix that from XSI with the render tree but if you dont have to import 100 modle at once it's simple/fast enough to do it in unity directly )

if you get really stuck with that just let me know maybe i can drop you some screen of the process ;)

3. M3D

M3D

really very nice,
    would be very important for me to see the screenshots of the process to understand,
    when export from XSI into unity3d I do not have uv 2 set!

4. M3D

M3D

I create a cube mesh,
    I create texture projection, (property-texture projection - cube) add simply color, and texture cube with simple image in tiling,
    create second texture projection (property-texture projection - unique) and rendermap in light only ,
    ok I export in fbx but in unity I have 1 texture projection only, not 2!!!!!, only lightmap texture projection (unique) not image tiling (cube projection)

:cry:

5. giyomu

giyomu

well this is pretty straight forward ,

under your cube node >> Clusters >> Texture_Coordinates_AUTO >>

you should have 2 "Texture_Projection"

then crosswalk >> export FBX >> just deselect export of camera and light and animation eventually and just export that way.

in unity you may need to swap texture if you find things inverted.
    if you tiled your texture in XSI i dont think fbx will keep it so you will have to tile it again in unity.

make sure to freeze your model before export

this is pretty much all you need to do

what crosswalk version did you use , i am using the 4.0 one and dont have any trouble.

check your fbx by importing it back in XSI an dlook if you have your 2 textures set , if they are here that should be here in unity too.

if not well in that case post me screen of your explorer in XSI and your fbx export dialogue box then ;)

6. M3D

M3D

7. M3D

M3D

oooh sorry
    :D

ok,
    I checked everything as you say,
    if export model with freeze, fbx reported error (missing textures support),
    if exports do not freeze, everything ok in unity3d!!

8. M3D

M3D

mmmmm but,
    If I create a cube, and each polygon create a material with texture and a texture projection General (unique for lightmap), created rendermap only light when export fbx (croswalk 4.1), in unity3d I have all the materials, but not the texture projection support general (unique) for lightmap!

9. giyomu

giyomu

it doesnt matter about the texture support error message , what count is texture projection.

I am not sure to understand your last post...

maybe you could post some XSI / unity screen so i can figure out better what you want to achieve :wink:

10. M3D

M3D

ok,
    I created the cube, I created some different texture projection and texture polygons \ cluster
    then, I created a texture projection (property - texture projection) to create rendermap (lightmap), here's picture:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703930@N03/4224391791/

ok,
    If freeze the mesh, the texture projection change!
    image here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703930@N03/4224391795/

ok,
    export in fbx:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703930@N03/4224391799/in/photostream/

and this is the result unity3d:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45703930@N03/4224391805/in/photostream/

no tiling, no lightmap texture support for rendermap!
    where am I wrong? :cry:

11. giyomu

giyomu

ok well I think that becuase you have actaully 3 textures projection XSI will export only the one with material applied which in your case should be the 2 textured.

I dont think unity in anyway will accept more than a max of 2 different UV.

you should have only 2 texture projection at export time, if you want use different texture projection for unwrap your model in that case use sub projection instead form the texture editor in XSI.

for the rest when freezing there is no problem with that XSI everytime do this things when you freeze your model.

about cluster and mat it doesnt matter how many texture projection you have , so you can have pretty much only one UV for your model and 15 cluster with subset material on it but still sharing the same UV

simply try to end up with only 2 texture projection your color map and lightmap and export as you do usually like that.

12. M3D

M3D

OK, you're really, really, very friendly,
    At this point, I prefer to create an rendermap total and unique with colors and lights, a 4096 resolution, unfortunately I have this limit, 4096 (Unity does not support textures with higher resolution than 4096), created the texture of my design mapping with tiling and different materials, and rendermap in unique texture projection, then exports in unity3d, and everything ok
    only problem, if I create a large model, such as a game level as a hospital,
    with many rooms, the texture rendermap, in 4096, is little detail to all rooms ... Why should contain many details.
    if I have a wall with a texture to 1024, using a tiling 8-8 the result is a texture of more than 8000 resolution in view, but if rendermap, unity is the maximum resolution for 4096, this limits the quality, if there are 4 walls with texture repeated rendermap understand that the final will be less detailed ...
    ok find solutions ...
    thank you very much for your support and happy listening ideas
    excuse my bad English but use googleTranslate as you understand!