Search Unity

Question XRStats error log

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Xiaoki, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Xiaoki

Xiaoki

Hi all,

When I run my virtual reality project I get a flood of warnings after 5 seconds. This warning to be exact:

Code (CSharp):
    1. XRStats::SetStatFloat failed. Stats queue full! Stats for this frame will be lost.
    I have been searching around for a while but I am unable to find a solution. Other posts suggest removing the Test Framework package (post dated 2015). I have done so but I still get the same error messages. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

I am developing on a Oculus Rift S. I have no code attached to this project. It would be great if someone could point my in the right direction.

JamesClow and colinleet like this.
  2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity? Are you using Legacy XR or the new XR SDK Plug-in system? Are you targeting Oculus or SteamVR?

3. Xiaoki

Xiaoki

Version 2020.1.4f1c1.4412.84 personal. Using the new XR SDK plugin system. I am targeting Oculus.

4. colinleet

colinleet

I can confirm/bump this for the most recent version of unity as well using XR Management + Oculus XR Plugin (all most recent stable version / Oculus CV1). Disabling the Test Framework isn't possible for me due to DOTS and the Hybrid Renderer's dependency on it, all of the other posts I've found about this error just say to remove Test Framework... Most from 5-2 yesterday ago. For me the problem is also constant about 5 seconds after the console is open in editor, it blocks VR from rendering as long as the console is open and starters spaming dozens of warnings per frame -- which all go away instantly as soon as the console is no longer displayed (tab switching the console away stops it too).

For me I think the messages might have started when I implemented my input reading classes which checks every available VR controller input every frame using XR Management... It has been several months since then so I'm not exactly sure if that was when it started exactly (hence me not being sure how to submit an error report about it/knowing how to exactly reproduce it outside of my projects or in it).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  5. tonycowan

tonycowan

Bump too! Oculus Quest target. XR Interaction Toolkit 0.9.4-preview. Unity 2020.1.2f1. I tried removed the Test Framework and it seemed to make no difference for me. Only seems to happen when I switch focus to the console window, almost as if the problem is that the console window itself uses resources in such a way as to conflict with whatever is trying to write some XRStat record.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. magnetica

magnetica

same here.

7. Xiaoki

Xiaoki

I am now also getting it in version 2019.4.10. After I include the namespace UnityEngine.XR. It only happens when I select the console window.

8. NanookCZ

NanookCZ

Suffering from the same issue after updating to latest versions :/

9. kokutouchichi

kokutouchichi

ahhhhhhhh.... you poor souls are in the same boat as me. No answer for this question yet?