Search Unity

1. Unity wants to learn about your experiences working on a Unity project today. We'd like to hear from you via this survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved XRSettings.occlusionMaskScale Not Working

Discussion in 'VR' started by jc10487, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jc10487

jc10487

Hey y'all,

I'm using a Vive Cosmos Elite and Unity 2019.3.15f1, and I'm trying to get rid of the faded borders around the rendered image, particularly closer to the inside edge of each screen; I've tried varying XRSettings.occlusionMaskScale but nothing changes. I've also tried XRSettings.useOcclusionMesh = false but that didn't do anything either. Any advice would appreciated, thanks.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Howdy @jc10487, Vive support is directly handled by HTC. Please share this on their developer forums and their teams will help.

3. jc10487

jc10487

@TreyK-47 I went to them earlier, and their response was to use a different SDK (which doesn’t work for standalone builds, which is what I’m trying to build for), and that any bugs should be reported to you guys. I have submitted a bug report already.

Are you sure there is nothing you can do to at least help understand why it’s not working? XRSettings is a class documented in the official API documentation, and, specifically, there’s a property called “useOcclusionMesh” whose description says “Specifies whether or not the occlusion mesh should be used when rendering.” I’d like to understand why this doesn’t work.

Forum post on HTC forums for reference: https://forum.vive.com/topic/9266-cosmos-occlusion-mesh-toggle-in-unity/#

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there, @jc10487 - submitting the bug report would be what I would have suggested next. Our QA team will be in touch once they've had a chance to dig into it.

unityunity